The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust question

Chris and Alana

Iv asked for views in the past on exhausts but its near the time im going to buy but Im really torn between the Miami GT exhaust and the XS-Power one off e-bay. Is one better than the other in terms of build quality? does one sound bad? is one louder than the other? they both look nice and I cant decide please help me. The Miami GT one is £300+p&p. The XS-Power one is £250 inc p&p :help: The price difference isnt a concern as its not much. Iv heard sound clips of the miami gt on youtube but none of the XS power one. does anyone have a clip? Thanks guys

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same place as you mate .

As im wanting an exhaust first thing in the new year .

The two exhausts what you have chose are the same two im looking at as i don't want to spend 5-600 quid on a exhaust when its only going on a N/A .

Think i'm more towards the xs power one as it doesn't pertrude the back bumper as much if you get what im saying ? Also the bends look to be seemless

yeah from what i know the miami gt one isnt mandrel bent and uses bends to weld to the pipe, the XS-power is mandrel bent and only has welds to the flanges and back box's. they are made of the same quality stainless steel so as far as build quality I think the XS power one may be ahead, but what does it sound like? I agree it doesnt stick out as much and looks more flush, which is good.

As far as the sound is concerned i cann't coment as i haven't heard them in person .

I've spoke to a few people on here who have the xs power and they say they sound amazing , But so do the peole who have the miami-gt .

I don't think they could be that much different really as there both a good budget priced exhaust .

If you do a search on miami gt exhausts there is a sound clip of this exhaust but a sound clip doesn't sound owt like real life if you ask me .

I have no experience with the Miami gt exhaust but i do have a xspower exhaust with a second decat pipe. It sounds great!! a lot of people are impressed.

I think both type of exhausts are worth the money. But i would go for the xspower if you got a really really low car, the miami gt exhaust got a flange that could hit the speedbumps, maybe the have twisted the flange in the meanwhile.

Once more, both exhausts are good, its more a cosmetic choice :)

Maybe i;ll make a vid during the week.

The first pics i saw of the miami gt exhaust did look as though it came out the car quite a long way, however, my one sits completely flush with the rear bumper, i'm at home and ill, but if you really want i can pop outside and get a pic for you?

Personally i would go for the miami gt one, i have never ever scraped it on any speed humps, my dragger used to catch on them all the time.

Sod it, i'll go and grab a couple of camera phone pics for you

I have no experience of the XS, but i fitted a Miami GT one to a friends car. I was very impressed by the build quality. It isnt too drony, rather a nice sound to it!

All these 'is it better sounding' questions are silly, exhaust noise is objective. loud to one is quiet to another. For the money i would advise buying the Miami GT one since a few folk have them and no complaints are evident. The XS is a bit of an unknown, and with the Miami GT one, you are dealing with a UK company.

XS Power/SS Autochrome/Motoria whatever they want to call themselves will always make a gamble product. Yes they do stuff very cheaply - FMICs, turbo kits, zorsts etc but car forums the world over are full of stories of XS power stuff not fitting or needing serious bodging to fit. Likewise theres plenty of people who are very happy with their stuff and have had no issues.....

XS Power UK who sell through ebay, will probably give you a warantee, so if it doesnt fit they should refund you asap.

I might buy one actually, as the xs power zorst on ebay is a trd copy...

The miami GT exhaust looks nice from what iv seen and forgive me but CARBONANGEL do you work for miami GT as you have there web address above your avitar. If so when are you getting the exhausts back in as Andy said your out of stock.

Still looking forward to seeing some pics of the XS-Power one and a sound clip if possible:innocent: