The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stage 3 hybrid turbos

captainchaos

yes it is me that is going xs single gt45 i know there has been past probs with them but i know a few people with xs turbos on various cars and had no bother.

400 for the hybrids to get rid quick

Thought you might of been getting an all in kit as you were outing the FMIC aswell as the Hybrids.

GT45 is that simular size to a T78?

I keep wondering about slapping a T60 kit on for a laugh :D

Good luck

Yep, as Andrew says, definitely worth more but an absolute steal for someone in need.

I'd hold on until someone blows their tubbies in the next few months, always happens and they're happy to pay a higher price for what seems to be a damn good set of turbos. :)

Thread Hijack - How you been Andrew? Keeping well? I have a RAF and Army careers office meet this Friday afternoon so looking forward to getting the ball rolling again! Cheers, Greg.

Thread Hijack - How you been Andrew? Keeping well? I have a RAF and Army careers office meet this Friday afternoon so looking forward to getting the ball rolling again! Cheers, Greg.

Good news Greg on the interviews etc mate. My avatar is now sporting the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Shield in response to Second Lieutenant Wales' pass-out the other day. It was a great deal harder:tongue: when I attended Sandhurst all those years ago but he still passed and that's all that counts eh!!

Good luck Sir!:thumbs:

Thought so! Yep, he's certainly done well (even if it was easier!) but that still begs the question about what he'll actually be doing! He'll never be posted abroad on duty will he?! I'm confused as to the role he'll play within the Forces.

Thanks Andrew! :)

Greg

Thought you might of been getting an all in kit as you were outing the FMIC aswell as the Hybrids.

GT45 is that simular size to a T78?

I keep wondering about slapping a T60 kit on for a laugh :D

Good luck

I would think a GT45 would be huge compared to a T78 mate

I quite like the idea of hybrids :)

Out of interest what sort of gains would i see over my current setup of 1.2bar on J spec stockers?

What other supporting mods would be needed?

You would be good for the 450 mark but a couple of guys have pushed them to approx 500 bhp @ 1.5bar. You only require a decent fuelling system, FPR (something like an Aeromotive A1000A to be on the safe side), injectors to take the extra burden (say UK 550's); a walbro plus cool plugs and something like an Apexi SAFC-2 to make sure your system runs well. Your IC would be either a FMIC or a Chris Wilson or Andy Hannah SMIC and the rest of the items you would have from your BPU set-up.

Oh yes Damam! (almost forgot) - And lots of BLING to make it go that bit faster!!

yes it is me that is going xs single gt45 i know there has been past probs with them but i know a few people with xs turbos on various cars and had no bother.

There's only one I know that runs that monster, the guy that owns the DJ Craig car.

Its a huge turbo, you'd need a properly build engine to run that even at lower boost levels