The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Declaring Wheel change for insurance.

SIMON LC

Ok I put some 19s on and was wondering if its worth telling insurance or will they just rip me off by adding more to my premium.I was wondering what experiance anybody has had and does it pay to be honest?I am with Admiral at mo.

Yes it pays to be honest. If you have an accident they could refuse to pay - and that means those wheels have cost you a hell of a lot.

I think they usually consider wheels as cosmetic - assuming they are the correct offset (or have spacers) etc. I would not expect a big premium increase.

but you dont have to specify the make and model of your alloys or size - as far as i know you only tell them it has alloys on. and im sure you've already told them that much right?

but you dont have to specify the make and model of your alloys or size - as far as i know you only tell them it has alloys on. and im sure you've already told them that much right?

That's not true. You have made a change to your car that is non standard - hence you need to inform them.

The details they ask for probably depends on the insurance companies.

That's not true. You have made a change to your car that is non standard - hence you need to inform them.

The details they ask for probably depends on the insurance companies.

guess so. what i meant to say was the most youd have to tell them is it has aftermarket alloys, but not a brand name or size. well thats how it was with mine but may well be different elsewhere :)

I will probably be changing to the guys at sky next time round so general opinion is be honest?

I got a quote from Sky, when I mentioned after market induction / ss Exhaust and non std wheels they didnt care, as they almost expect that the imports are going to have after market parts by 10 years old or so.

They would be more interested with big power increases I would think.

I didnt go with Sky as I got a lot better deal elsewhere :)

I'm with Elephant and new wheels they werent interested in as in most cases she said it was usually cheaper for them to replace someones aftermarket wheels compared to OE stock wheels

They were only interested in Air filters etc which again didn't effect my policy at all, She said they just like to have a list of mods thats all.

On my previous supra i paid an extra £50 for 18"s even though they were lexus alloys. If you are changing your insurance try Keith Michaels they were nearly £300 cheaper than Sky :) with every single mod declared with same part/make replacement, and agreed valuation. Speak to Jeremy.

Ok I put some 19s on and was wondering if its worth telling insurance or will they just rip me off by adding more to my premium.I was wondering what experiance anybody has had and does it pay to be honest?I am with Admiral at mo.

tell them mate,it should not really affect your premium.

Also make sure you get your GEO on the car re set up or it will handle very badly:tongue:

I'm with Elephant and new wheels they werent interested in as in most cases she said it was usually cheaper for them to replace someones aftermarket wheels compared to OE stock wheels

They were only interested in Air filters etc which again didn't effect my policy at all, She said they just like to have a list of mods thats all.

your experience with elephant is very different to mine then!

Blitz Supra always seems to have a 'different' experience to everyone else on this board :)

You can say that again :rolleyes:

Elephant are hopeless tossers. They haven't got a clue when it comes to mods - so long as its in one of their six available tick boxes that’s all that matters (same to admiral and the others that use the same database).

Would love to see someone try to make a claim with these people. Black book value anyone?

IMO anyone recommending these clowns is seriously misinformed and should be formally warned. In no way should any members here be recommended to use companies like admiral, elephant, tesco's etc to insure their pride and joy.