The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brands track day

Scooter

After years of thinking about it I finally took the plunge and went on to the track.

Have to say it was brilliant fun and i would recommend it to anyone who even remotely thinks they might enjoy it.

The brands set up was great, not overly officious, could use the pit garages, and move in/out of the circuit at will. Cafe open all day, photographer taking pictures in the morning session so you could buy prints before you left.

It was a novice day and the cars ranged from the 911 turbo/Noble types through to pug 106's and suziki swifts! Had a talk round lap in a minibus and then 3 sighting laps where you just followed eachother round at a relatively sedate pace.

Then it was an open pit lane for 2hrs in the morning and 3hrs in the afternoon.

I only went out in 5-6 laps spells as the front left Goodyear F1 was suffering when i was out for longer, but it was such a rush. Great undulating circuit, real positive G feeling at the bottom of paddock and a great feeling of the car loading up round/through surtees (i think - the left hander before Clearways anyway!)

Fantastic day and company with Dave and Adam..........looking forward to the next one :)

Doh - thanks for letting us know.. post it up next time Scott! :)

Glad you had fun though, I'm planning on going there early next year. Loved the look of the place when I went to watch the British GT. Also to do another Bedford session so again if people are interested give me a shout.

Bobbeh i think we tried to raise a bit of interest back in October / November time just after your bedford thing, but no other firm takers.

Dave and Adam, are Dave F and Trig on here and they were the organised ones who had camera mounts on board, so its them that we're waiting on for footage :)

Twas only the Indy circuit but tbh that was just right for a track day initiation, and to Ash yep anyone with a valid drivers license could go in pretty much whatever car you liked.

It was a great day for beginners as i'm not too shy about driving enthusiastically but i was a bit nervous/intimidated at the start.....

Yeah it was a great day well worth the money (£99) and for an extra £25 an instructor comes in with you and shouts when you re not taking the correct lines:) Its nice to be able to push your self in a relatively safe environment. Mind you ten laps does this to the tyres each time you go out

brands 046.jpg

brands 045.jpg

brands 049.jpg

brands 056.jpg

brands 050.jpg

I really wanna do something like this and I know the GF would also be up for it, so I'll start that as two cars confirmed and with Bobbeh, 3, so dude, get cracking, let us know what we gotta do, how does Feb sound ?, just enough time to get Christmas outta they way........

I really wanna do something like this and I know the GF would also be up for it, so I'll start that as two cars confirmed and with Bobbeh, 3, so dude, get cracking, let us know what we gotta do, how does Feb sound ?, just enough time to get Christmas outta they way........

id be up for this around that time. always wanted to go on a track :) so make that 4.

So come on Scooter - tell us who "won" !

After all the banter at the Fairmile we expect more than "had a nice time thank you" we need the blood and guts, the spills and thrills, the poo your pants stuff etc etc...:D

:)

now now there was no racing :innocent: but i held my own! :D

I don't think any of us had any really serious brown trouser moments.......i found the rumble strips out of Druids and the next corner (graham hill bend?) and got some rear end twitches as i got faster and faster through Surtees. I wish i'd followed Trig for a lap or two as he was faster through Paddock Hill bend and this was the one corner i felt i definitely could improve on, just lacked the confidence to push on this notorious iffy bit.