The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annoying clutch noise.

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Hi All,

Right I have an OS Giken tripple plate clutch and it's great to use but the noise drives me crazy when I push the clutch pedal down, will raising the idle get rid of this noise?

I know the annoying noise is a small price to pay for a car with a good amount of power but was just wondering if there was a way to reduce it.

Cheers,

Nick.:)

Guest Nicholas
Whats the noise? The flywheel will rattle but thats when the clutch is engaged......

it sounds like two plates rubbing together and I can only hear it when the pedal is pressed.

Guest Nicholas
Multiplate clutches rattle, generally by design with something like an OSG. In Japan, it's considered a sign of a powerful car!

Yeah I know was just wondering if there was anyway to reduce the noise? I heard that by increasing the idle the noise was reduced?

Yeah I know was just wondering if there was anyway to reduce the noise? I heard that by increasing the idle the noise was reduced?

I think I told you that didn't I mate??

The chap I knew had a major rattle (from the clutch) at idle and he got rid of it by just upping the idle a little, so that the vibration note changed.

I'm not sure that will help you if you only get the noise when the clutch is depressed. Soz.

Guest Nicholas
I think I told you that didn't I mate??

The chap I knew had a major rattle (from the clutch) at idle and he got rid of it by just upping the idle a little, so that the vibration note changed.

I'm not sure that will help you if you only get the noise when the clutch is depressed. Soz.

Yeah I think you did tell me that just after we agreed on £10k for the s2000 :)

Gonna be fitting the Power FC soon so I'll get the idle set a little higher :)

Nick.