The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings from a dane!

Guest stephano214

Guest stephano214

First off the bat, I don't know if it's against the rules to post, but I don't own a supra yet, so, that's pretty much the reason I'm here, to get advice on getting one! :)

Hi there, I've been looking at these forums since midnight now and I still can't go to bed.

So I thought I'd write a "Hi" post and maybe get a couple of questions answered. :)

Since I'm a danish guy and I've been into Supra's since I first saw one in that movie The fast and the furious. I think it was an aerutop since the roof came off! :p

Whats the different between Automatic gears and manuel, besides the obvious, I see quite a few wanting manual over automatic, understandable for racing, but for 'everyday' driving does it matter much?

Honestly I don't know much about the car in general, but learning new stuff all the time in here.

I was planning on buying a Supra sometime next year (my first car actually ;) ), but I'm abit skeptic, maybe in a rush seeing as they aren't produced anymore and haven't been for a long time. What are the chances that it will be impossible to buy one? (For a reasonable price ofc)

And, is the difference between RHD and LHD big? I mean, every car here is LHD except the very very limited population of Supras I've seen, which are all RHD.

And what should I look specifically in it? I'd think a mostly non-tuned car would work better, since, well to be honest I don't have my drivers license yet so I don't think it'd be the smartest move going with a supra with 600hp in it (330 stock can do!)

Also, I saw there is a lot of Supras for sale in the Supra's for Sale section, are they just here because of the christmas season? I would hate to see the chances of buying a supra disappear over the holidays! (Haven't found a single place in Denmark selling Supras like you guys do here :( )

Lastly but definately not least!

Any advice on how to approach the whole "Buy a Supra" thing?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, from the danish guy :)

P.S: Yes it's one of my biggest dreams to own a Supra MKIV, has been for quite awhile now! :)

Hope you can understand my english :p

First off the bat, I don't know if it's against the rules to post, but I don't own a supra yet, so, that's pretty much the reason I'm here, to get advice on getting one!

Hi there, I've been looking at these forums since midnight now and I still can't go to bed.

So I thought I'd write a "Hi" post and maybe get a couple of questions answered.

Hi - this is a good place to find advice

Whats the different between Automatic gears and manuel, besides the obvious, I see quite a few wanting manual over automatic, understandable for racing, but for 'everyday' driving does it matter much?

It really is down to personal choice. If you can get a ride in a few cars to try them then so much the better.

I was planning on buying a Supra sometime next year (my first car actually ;) ), but I'm abit skeptic, maybe in a rush seeing as they aren't produced anymore and haven't been for a long time. What are the chances that it will be impossible to buy one? (For a reasonable price ofc)

You will have no problem finding a car. There are always plenty for sale through traders like myself or through private sales. We (trade) can also import to order for you from Japan. Reasonable price? Depends on your budget and what you consider reasonable really.

And what should I look specifically in it? I'd think a mostly non-tuned car would work better, since, well to be honest I don't have my drivers license yet so I don't think it'd be the smartest move going with a supra with 600hp in it (330 stock can do!)

My opinion would be for you to go for a stock car at first and develop it yourself afterwards. This allows you to get used to the car and also ensures you know what was done to the car was done correctly and (in extreme cases) has actually been truly done :innocent:

Also, I saw there is a lot of Supras for sale in the Supra's for Sale section, are they just here because of the christmas season? I would hate to see the chances of buying a supra disappear over the holidays! (Haven't found a single place in Denmark selling Supras like you guys do here :( )

There are always cars for sale. There seem more now as people tend not to buy at this time of the year.

Lastly but definately not least!

Any advice on how to approach the whole "Buy a Supra" thing?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, from the danish guy :)

P.S: Yes it's one of my biggest dreams to own a Supra MKIV, has been for quite awhile now! :)

Hope you can understand my english :p

I would buy from a trader on here (I would say that eh :D ) or a member as you know that the car has either been checked out properly or has been looked after by an enthusiast.

If you need any help or advice, give me a shout ;)

Welcome to the club stephano :thumbs:

There are a lot RHD Japanese imported Supras in the UK and it seems to be a buyers market at the moment, with the prices dropping over the last few years, as more cars are brought in from Japan.

I would seriously advise against a turbo Supra as your first car, lots of power and rear wheel drive can make for dangerous combination for even the most experienced of drivers. As a first car I would recommend you look at a non-turbo instead, these are still quick cars and still need a lot of respect when driving, but they are a little more manageable for a new driver. They are also around half the price of a turbo Supra.

Have a read of these and other articles in the FAQ section.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

They will help you with the basics, also the search button is very useful for getting answers, as most topics have been covered many times before. Anything else you can't find an answer to, then post up a question and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

cheers

Guest stephano214

Thanks all, and especially thanks for the link to that guide, learned awhole lot of new things from that :)

The RHD probably isn't such a big factor, just a thing that needs alittle get used to it i think.

N/A sounds like a "better" choice considering it's not as powerful as the TTs are, but still quite the rocketlauncher in this country :p

I would buy from a trader on here (I would say that eh ) or a member as you know that the car has either been checked out properly or has been looked after by an enthusiast.

That was my plan for when I was going to buy one. I would want to buy the car from someone who knew about it and loved it him/herself

You will have no problem finding a car. There are always plenty for sale through traders like myself or through private sales. We (trade) can also import to order for you from Japan. Reasonable price? Depends on your budget and what you consider reasonable really.

There's nice to hear! Wouldn't want to rush something like this, it's special to me :rolleyes:

I was thinking of buying one here in Denmark, willing to pay what it costs. the price was at about 160,000 to 180,000 DKK, thats like 16,000 to 18,000 or so, GBP. for a stock car :blink:

My opinion would be for you to go for a stock car at first and develop it yourself afterwards. This allows you to get used to the car and also ensures you know what was done to the car was done correctly and (in extreme cases) has actually been truly done

I was thinking about that, I wouldn't mind it being stock, or near stock with possibly some cosmetics done to it, like front, rear bumpers, skirts and such. :innocent:

Thanks for the friendly replies! You guys make newbies feel welcome ;)