The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for a full respray?

Guest Bainesy36

Guest Bainesy36

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea what the cost would be for a full respray on a car that is in good condition? If you found a car at the right price but in the wrong colour and wanted to change it, for example. :innocent:

Thanks in advance,

Nige.

Guest Bainesy36

Thanks for the replies everyone. If it was silver to gunmetal, then I guess the engine bay etc wouldn't need doing. £1400 with Knightracer sounds good.

Cheers,

Nige.

Guest Bainesy36

£1000 sounds like a great deal.:D This might mean I can widen my Supra search to a Silver one and have it sprayed to a colour I prefer. I really like the Gunmetal! :)

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea what the cost would be for a full respray on a car that is in good condition? If you found a car at the right price but in the wrong colour and wanted to change it, for example. :innocent:

Thanks in advance,

Nige.

Nige,

Bring it round to my gaff and I'll do it for £50 mate - the lot. I don't bother with these new fangled spray machines - No! just the old fashion 4 inch brush and a nice pot of dulux gloss to cap it off mucka:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes: :eyebrows: :cool:

Nige,

Bring it round to my gaff and I'll do it for £50 mate - the lot. I don't bother with these new fangled spray machines - No! just the old fashion 4 inch brush and a nice pot of dulux gloss to cap it off mucka:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes: :eyebrows: :cool: .

LOL, My sisters b/f painted his old landrover with hemrite paint and a brush! Looked shit, But better than it looked before.

Guest Bainesy36
Nige,

Bring it round to my gaff and I'll do it for £50 mate - the lot. I don't bother with these new fangled spray machines - No! just the old fashion 4 inch brush and a nice pot of dulux gloss to cap it off mucka:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes: :eyebrows: :cool:

Umm..... Sounds Tempting. When are you free?!! :D :D

I'll just get the colour chart out now!

Umm..... Sounds Tempting. When are you free?!! :D :D

I'll just get the colour chart out now!

I'm in demand at the moment so I'll have to get back to you mucka:blink: I still have to finish this Bentley with a spare pot of B&Q Emulsion that I had left over in the garage.

On a serious note now but there is a designer spray and custom bodyshop (magazine featured) just round the corner from me, that does it for £1200. It doesn't beat my £50 option but you get what you pay for - well, most of the time!

agreed. I'd like a respray to freshen it up a bit, but I'll be staying the same colour. So does £1400 - £2500 still apply as a guidline?

Well I'll hopefully be getting mine done next year for ~£700... but then I do know the guy so that's mates rates. He doesn't skimp on the job and he's been doing it for 15+ years.