The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advise on garage:

Guest SupZ0rs

Guest SupZ0rs

Heya guys en gals, about to put my supra back on the road again. It’s been hiding for a hella long time :-/

Does anyone know a good garage in surrey/hampshire areas ? (I live near guildford) It needs a service and the power fc needs re-mapping/rolling roading

Use to let “dude” do all my work along time ago. Then abby motorsports but they have a 3 months worth of bookings right now. :-/

Was going to let “tuning Japanese” do it as they are sooo close to me (http://www.tuningjapanese.co.uk/) but I’ve heard many bad things about them since then.

If anyone has some recommendations that would be great!

Guest SupZ0rs

Thanks guys, i'll phone an ask tomorrow if they do mapping, (it's a t88d with just about everything done to it so i'm reluctant to let just anyone at it)

If they can't and anyone else knows a place that does, (not tuningjapanese) then please say so!

My Car has had work done by both Chris Wilson (use him currently for everything) and Phoneix Performance before I got the car. Phoneix Performance seem damn good and their prices are pretty impressive too.

I'd give Chris a shout for your full service and checkup though. ;)

Greg

I took my car to Tuning Japanese to have the mapping checked and get the AirCon working (It hadn't worked since they fitted the Motec ECU). I was told they'd need the car for 3 days because you only have a few minutes each day to check the cold start. So I left the car there.

After that I could never get hold of them. The guy who was doing my car was never there when I rang and never called me back. On the rare occasions I did get hold of him they had still not finished my car.

After more than 3 weeks I told them I was coming to get my car. When I got there the guy locked my keys in a metal box and gave me a bill for nearly £900.

Edit to add:

By the way, Phoenix are great guys but I don't think they do mapping. I'd be happy for them to any work I needed though.

I've heard that Paul Whiffin is good with the PowerFC though.