The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which ways the correct way ?

Matt _Aero top_

Hi fellas . Right before you click off this thread please read it and give me your expert advice as im not sure on what to do and feel like crying .

The thing is the other cay my car flashed up with this error code 42 thing . when i checked the error code it gave me the the 42 code but also the o/d was flashing and thats it .

The syptoms i'm having with my car is - The steering feels light most of the time , idleing low and sometimes its as if the auto gearbox doesn't know what gear to be in .

can all these syptoms be pointing to a faulty speed sensor thingy ?

Also please don't tell me to do a search and link the resent thread about this as i've read these threads till i've give myself headache and don't know what to do for the best as people say different things e.g

some people say cut the pink wire and splice into the red/blue wire using the multiplug end and tape off the loom end .

And others say cut the pink wire and splice into the red/blue wire using the loom end and tape off the multiplug end .

I just don't know which way to go with the syptoms of my car ?

PLEASE PLEASE help me fellas .

matt dont know what model you have got but mine is a sz i had this problem and spliced the pink wire from multi plug side into the blue/red wire taped off the loom side i have a delimiter dont know which one but this fix worked for me havent had any probs since.if you have active spoiler ,traction control .etc i dont know if this will work for you .you best bet is to get the thor delimiter and that should sort the prob i would think most supras have this code 42 at one time in there life.