The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Folding mirror fuse?

SoundWave

Hi All,

My wing mirror got knocked off this morning :thumbdown: and, out of habit, when I stopped I pressed the button for them to fold in. Now the motor on the one that is broken won't stop. What is the fuse that governs them? I tried RAD NO 2 in the drivers footwell but it doesn't stop it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

Well they are certainly strong little motors. I tried jamming a screwdriver against it (which wasn't that easy as it is broken) and it just kept on going!

At the moment as soon as the key is turned it starts and so is on all the time I am driving. I'm worried about it burning out but I think the motor comes as part of a new mirror so hopefully it won't matter. It is just very annoying!

Guest gzaerojon
I think it does but I don't want to do anything permanent until i'm sure!

true :)

i've got a pair of folding mirrors, if you find a good wiring diagram in your travels let me know, as i want to fit them soon ;)

Hi All,

My wing mirror got knocked off this morning :thumbdown: and, out of habit, when I stopped I pressed the button for them to fold in. Now the motor on the one that is broken won't stop. What is the fuse that governs them? I tried RAD NO 2 in the drivers footwell but it doesn't stop it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

Sounds like your wing mirror casing is broken, the motor is supposed to keep on going until it physically cant open or close any further, sounds the the piece or plastic or metal has broken off preventing this obstruction.

Sounds like your wing mirror casing is broken, the motor is supposed to keep on going until it physically cant open or close any further, sounds the the piece or plastic or metal has broken off preventing this obstruction.

Yes the mirror is hanging off by the wires! I just wasn't sure if there were electrical contacts that were touched to turn it off once it had rotated. I will take the card off at the weekend because I hope to have a replacement by then.