The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra discussion on cliosport.net

Underworld

Just saw this on cliosport forums:

"They need 400bhp to stick with your average 300bhp car due to the weight of them."
- Discuss

Whos been racing eh?

I beg to differ. I went up against one of the guys who's respected on one of the supra forums (lucifer or something?). Think he's got 450bhp. He was quicker but there wasnt feck all in it really! Wasnt getting away anyway...

Ive got a 1.2 clio too, slow as anything, but i presume their talking about their 2.0 variable valve timeing cr*p. i dont think ive ever seen a car with true VVT that actually makes the HP that the manufacturers claims, Honda Civics, Colt Cyborgs, all down on what they should be

Do they offer discount at other renault dealers?? As I have a clio as a run around... and that 1200 is definitely faster than my supra!!

I can't remember to be honest, I've literally been there a handfull of times. I'll see if I can remember my password and check it out.

Oooo I could do a big 'oh yeah they're all twats on the supra site' type thing. :D

Got a friend who just sold his Clio 182 sport. He had it chipped and fitted a filter and thought his car was about 210bhp!! What with his assumed power to weight ratio he thought his 0-60 would be around 5.2 secs!!!

Do people not realise how hard it is to make more power out of an N/A??

Neil

Got a friend who just sold his Clio 182 sport. He had it chipped and fitted a filter and thought his car was about 210bhp!! What with his assumed power to weight ratio he thought his 0-60 would be around 5.2 secs!!!

Do people not realise how hard it is to make more power out of an N/A??

Neil

Especially a high tuned example with VVT!!! wouldnt make a differance!