The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dodgy noise within 3 months of getting it fixed, what do i do?

edd_t

Earlier in the year I had a real dodgy noise coming from the rear of the car. When I had my MOT and Service i got it diagnosed, and it turned out that the wheel bearing had gone. So £414 later I had a lovely new bearing and a nice silent car.

This was back on September 5th when I got it sorted. But the noise has come back!!! Only 3 months later. Could a wheel bearing die that quickly???

And what are my rights, should I be able to get it fixed for free from the same place because it hasnt been very long etc etc?

I don't want to pay another £400 because since then from another member I found out it could have been done from a guy for about £180!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the car back. They couldnt find anything wrong with it, even though it was making the noise when I gave it to them. they took the wheels of and cleaned everything! No charge.

Also from my calculations took it on a 220km round trip!!!! They used my fog light, but it didnt get foggy round my way till after 5pm, HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Now what do I do, they seem like decent people and plenty of people know them (Rolling road thread etc)

When I got my bearing done the guys at Phoenix were saying it can go again if you don't get a new part for the hub or something. Sounds like they just did the bearing and now it has caused it to go again.

Give them a call at Phoenix and they will let you know which part you need to change if you like 01923228484.