The mkiv Supra Owners Club

There's a new female in my life...

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Hi all,

Picked up my Supra (Sally) from Paul on friday and all I can say is wow! very impressed with the car. It's only running 1.2bar boost at the moment but will be 1.5 in Jan!

it tends to light up the rears through 3rd and most of 4th (great fun!). We took her out to a private test track and got to 180 leptons with plenty left!

A little later we found an R34 and unfortunately he went for it as I got into third so a brief moment of scary sideways action. by the time I had hit 4th and caught him he slowed :(

I'll post some pictures up when she's clean again as I've just driven 100 miles down the M1 in the pouring rain.

If anyone is thinking one is thinking of going single do it! :)

oh and she's going back to paul for a new ECU (Currently running FCON) and some more goodies in the new year ;) .

for all the midlands guys and girls that turned up for our little outing - was nice to meet you all! :)

Nick.

Guest Nicholas
yep seen this yesterday and its bloody nice! nick have you worked out how much you spent on petrol then since yesterday? hehe

Hi Mate, I think I got through around £90 on saturday alone :)

Ash's car has given me hearing problems :blink:

;)

Guest Nicholas
Congrats Nick, looked like a nice car that one. :thumbs: Give it respect tho - we dont want to see another winter time written off Supra thread! ;)

Don't worry Bobbeh I have been :)

You really get to know them in the wet :blink:

Guest Nicholas
Yeah, not a great time of year to start driving around in one.. I'm have similar fun with mine right now as it still has slicks on.. so I'm granny like when I take it out on wet roads. :)

:) Well mines getting a good valet this coming weekend and then she's going to sleep till jan when she goes back to Whifbitz :)

Guest Nicholas
the only 180 you'd get in the rain is a 180 degrees spin(!)

It's a good job I was talking about saturday night in the dry then :)

if you'd like the video that's fine :)

Hi all,

Picked up my Supra (Sally) from Paul on friday and all I can say is wow! very impressed with the car. It's only running 1.2bar boost at the moment but will be 1.5 in Jan!

it tends to light up the rears through 3rd and most of 4th (great fun!). We took her out to a private test track and got to 180 leptons with plenty left!

A little later we found an R34 and unfortunately he went for it as I got into third so a brief moment of scary sideways action. by the time I had hit 4th and caught him he slowed :(

I'll post some pictures up when she's clean again as I've just driven 100 miles down the M1 in the pouring rain.

If anyone is thinking one is thinking of going single do it! :)

oh and she's going back to paul for a new ECU (Currently running FCON) and some more goodies in the new year ;) .

for all the midlands guys and girls that turned up for our little outing - was nice to meet you all! :)

Nick.

go steady sir,far too nice a car to end up in supra heaven:innocent:

Guest Nicholas
Congratulations Nick :thumbs:

Why are you removing the FCON?

Cheers Nic, Paul thinks the car would be much better with either an apexi or aem unit. It's also running quite rich at the moment :)

Guest Nicholas
Was nice to meet you all on Saturday.

Take care in that bad boy (girl) Nick, you got a nice one there.

Hope to be up there one day with you and Ash with a single ;)

Stef

I will mate, yours is awesome! :)

Cheers Nic, Paul thinks the car would be much better with either an apexi or aem unit. It's also running quite rich at the moment :)

Is it the FCON V Pro? if it is, this is equal if not better than both the Apexi and AEM.

The FCON can only be mapped by an HKS Pro Dealer, some see this as a negative, I don't. I'd personally prefer an HKS trained pro dealer to map my car.

Guest Nicholas
Is it the FCON V Pro? if it is, this is equal if not better than both the Apexi and AEM.

The FCON can only be mapped by an HKS Pro Dealer, some see this as a negative, I don't. I'd personally prefer an HKS trained pro dealer to map my car.

It's just the FCON V not the Pro. Hmm so do you know anyone in the UK that maps them?

If it's HKS then Paul can't map it hence the suggested change....you can look at this from 2 directions. Trust Paul's mapping skills and go with his choice of ECU. (I have no reason to doubt he can get either Apex'i or AEM sorted for you). Or take the existing Fcon to someone like GT-Art or Owens to get it Mapped by an authorised HKS mapper.

Both routes could be full of pitfalls. So take your time and learn about these things first.

Hello Nick,

Twas a good gathering on Sat, and the trip to and from Sixhills was quite amusing :D

Your Supra sounded like a bloody train when you came by us what with the hissing from the turbo and all... :cool: I was also very impressed with Johnnyknox's as it did damn good job against you and Ash.

Neil