The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked her up yesterday

juanchan

I've been lurking around here for ages, picking up loads of info from you guys, so firstly a big "Thanks!" for the great forum :thumbs:

I picked up my first Supra yesterday and I've already had a tankfull of fuel out of her. No matter how much you guys say you enjoy driving your Supes, it just doesn't do the reality justice! Loving every second so far! Just a pity it was raining today...

Some of you probably know the car as it was Laura's UK car until this weekend http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=84324

Hopefully gonna try and get to some meets at some point, so looking forward to meeting some of you in the new year.

Very tempting! Any excuse to drive her! 17th is the day after my works Xmas bash, so it could be a bit of a struggle, but we shall see. Laura's already been in touch to say that she's changed her mind and wants the car back, and I can see why.

Also, you can call me Rich - my login name is a throw back to a uni nickname that's still hanging round with my now very jealous mates :D

Very tempting! Any excuse to drive her! 17th is the day after my works Xmas bash, so it could be a bit of a struggle, but we shall see. Laura's already been in touch to say that she's changed her mind and wants the car back, and I can see why.

Also, you can call me Rich - my login name is a throw back to a uni nickname that's still hanging round with my now very jealous mates :D

Well done rich and welcome. Are you going to keep her unmolested or do you plan any modding.

Cheers for the welcome guys. The car's in brilliant condition (well, except Laura's comprehensive list of faults, which we shall see to fixing over the coming months) and although I bought it as a second car, it's going to be hard to leave it at home to drive the corsa to work! We'll see which set of car keys win me over in the morning :innocent:

Well done rich and welcome. Are you going to keep her unmolested or do you plan any modding.

Since I've just made the move to a TT Supra from a Corsa, I think I'll leave things as they are - more than enough get up and go for me for now!

That said, I've been told that removing the first cat is actually pretty good for the engine as it allows the exhaust gas to flow more freely, reducing the build up of temp behind the turbos. That could read like I've just stated blue is green, but that was my understanding of what I was told. Sound like sense? If so, I could be tempted. Would that increase the noise levels? Loving how quiet it is so far, and I'm not really into having a loud exhaust.

Welcome to the forum, where abouts in Hampshire are you as there are quite a few of us in this neck of the woods. Also there is a meet on the 17th at Basingstoke. Hope to see you there.:)

I'm on the outskirts of Soton, so wasn't far to travel to pick up the Supe from Laura. I'm quite tempted by the meet next Sunday but as I say, all down to how the hangover cures go. It'd be good to put faces some names though!

Since I've just made the move to a TT Supra from a Corsa, I think I'll leave things as they are - more than enough get up and go for me for now!

That said, I've been told that removing the first cat is actually pretty good for the engine as it allows the exhaust gas to flow more freely, reducing the build up of temp behind the turbos. That could read like I've just stated blue is green, but that was my understanding of what I was told. Sound like sense? If so, I could be tempted. Would that increase the noise levels? Loving how quiet it is so far, and I'm not really into having a loud exhaust.

There is truth in that it will allow the engine to breath more freely and reduce temps will also reduce stress on the turbos but that i think is not such a big issue on yours as it is a uk spec with stronger tubbys. If i was you and your happy with the performance leave it alone and enjoy it as a silent assasin. IMO a nicely modded supra is fantastic but there is always something special about a mint stock supra. Probably because they are as rare as rocking horse do-do's.

IMO a nicely modded supra is fantastic but there is always something special about a mint stock supra. Probably because they are as rare as rocking horse do-do's.

I do like the idea of having a stock uk car (ignoring wheels....!) and keeping it that way.

Having had no real experience with RWD cars, turbos or an auto car, I've not considered any mods in all honesty - the first cat was just mentioned to me in passing. I'm currently driving like a granny on Sunday afternoon in it until the weather improves and I'm used to it!

Saw this car on saturday and it's very nice :)

well done! :)

Thanks! I still can't stop grinning at work. Where abouts did you spot it?

Welcome fella. Nice deal you got there!

So c'mon then, why the nick name?

There were 2 Richs in my group of uni mates so we both got called by our surnames. My surname starts with Chan, so that's what they call me. Juan just rhymes with Chan, so they picked that up as well. Confuses people who've never met me when they're waiting for "Chan" to arrive, expecting an Oriental person, and then I roll up.