The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought today... Gunmetal Single Turbo !

Gerry

Don't panic Jurgen...:D

Can't make do with one car for the next couple of months so bought this little beauty today...

Powered by almost 700 CC's of throbbing powerplant (underneath the floor somewhere) there beats a huge single turbo almost the size of a babies fist.

Producing a staggering 61 BHP, this big, bad mamma can reach 0 to 60...

If we don't sell it when we get the Supe we will pop it in the back in case of breakdowns :)

On the good side, tax is £2.95 per year, insurance £5.00 fully comp and it runs on an egg cup of petrol per 100 miles - so it makes up for the Supe !

Tiptronic box (& fully auto as well if required) and seems a lot bigger inside than it does out (good job really).

Came back from London doing a steady 75 on the M3 and didn't feel too frightening...

Will be fun...

G :)

Smart.jpg

Smart2.jpg

Smart3.jpg

Don't panic Jurgen...:D

Can't make do with one car for the next couple of months so bought this little beauty today...

Powered by almost 700 CC's of throbbing powerplant (underneath the floor somewhere) there beats a huge single turbo almost the size of a babies fist.

Producing a staggering 61 BHP, this big, bad mamma can reach 0 to 60...

If we don't sell it when we get the Supe we will pop it in the back in case of breakdowns :)

On the good side, tax is £2.95 per year, insurance £5.00 fully comp and it runs on an egg cup of petrol per 100 miles - so it makes up for the Supe !

Tiptronic box (& fully auto as well if required) and seems a lot bigger inside than it does out (good job really).

Came back from London doing a steady 75 on the M3 and didn't feel too frightening...

Will be fun...

G :)

As Ali G would say...

That's well Embarassing...

Well to be honest, I wanted a Pulsar, old Scooby or even older Evo, but for less than 5K I may have been buying a high miles pile of trouble, and the Smart is three year old and under 10K on the clock.

And, more to the point, it's Soo's car... and she wanted a Smart !

Saying that, it's grown on me over the weekend and it's fun and gets lots of looks (and it's part of my secret plan to get her to sell her Yamaha trike in the spring and keep the Smart as it's safer) shhhh !

Looking at Smart-Tune at the mo, BOV's, hybrids etc..:D

Just put it down to my age OK.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing that worries me with these things, is that there's hardly anything between you and whatever hits you up the arse !.

Was worried about this also.... so have booked it in in the New Year to get a re-map...:D :d :D

£150 for 35% more BHP !

Wish you could do that in a Supe !!

Obviously this will help with the safety issue, as the faster you go the less likely someone is to crash into the back of it...:eyebrows:

• 4 weeks later...

Had the "Flying Flea" chipped today... :)

35% more BHP for less than £200 - pity they can't do that with a Supe !

Lots more fun to drive, great acceleration and over 100 MPH in 6th ...:D

Sounds better too !

Looking forward to pi**ing of some reps on the by-pass !

May bring it to the Ace on Wednesday...:blink:

G

PS.... Supe should be landing this weekend...:nana: :nana: