The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys, ex Impreza and Skyline owner

Guest Averroes

Guest Averroes

Hi guys, have always wanted a supra but a few factors have pushed me back. One of which is getting hold of one in very good condition. Then its my prefereance. Ive always wanted to own a mint twin trubo Aero top with a 6 spd with a manual gearbox but as far as i know the Aero's didnt come with manual at all.

What is the best suggestions for a person like myself.

cheers

Guest Averroes

Hi thanks for the replies guys.

As Rayman has said, it would be cheaper to find one already converted. Now that is defo a car hard to get hold of lol

Regarding the conversion itself, im sure from what ive read it costs considerable amounts of money to do.

the other option I had thought of was starting a new project with a rolling shell. That way i get an excuse to do a full respray by taking out all carpets etc i.e. doing a proper overhaul with new interior, dash, carpets etc etc

However that defo is not a very cheap option either.

We worked on a impreza wagon NA and did a full sti conversion as explained above but i doubt its as simple on a supra. Would I be right in saying that guys?

Welcome to the most helpful owners club there could ever be! :)

Im in the middle of sourcing a poor condition TT 6 speed so i can completely refurbish to new condition.

I would consider doing the conversion yourself. Its not that hard really from everything i have read. If your not in a rush then you can source parts gradually and it would only cost you £1k-£1.5k in parts. If i was in your position then thats what i would do!

I owned pheonixs motor before he did. My plan was to do exactly what he did ie NA aerotop TT swap but go manual. I bought a TT manual write off from ebay and began the job. To be fair I pussied out and just broke the TT. The result was a grands profit (I gave the engine away as well). If you want a 6 speed TT aerotop I suggest you look for an N/A aerotop then find a write off TT manual of the same year and "reshell" the manual (insurance purposes, its way cheaper to insure a tt aero with a manual conversion than an N/A with a TT and manual conversion.)

Guest Averroes

Hi guys thats what i was also thinking of doing.

We did a conversion from a NA impreza to a sti turbo, was wondering if it is easier or more difficult to do with an impreza.

Furthermore what are average price differences between NA Aero and TT Aero

Guest Averroes

Hi Rob,

btw guys, can someone give me links to pics of Aero Turbo/Twin Turbo manuals

And please dont post pics of Paul Walkers car from Fast anf the Furious ;)

• 2 weeks later...