The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is a cat C damaged aero top worth

johnd-mkiv

It depends if you're buying or selling

If you're selling then it shouldn't really affect the price. There is whole stream of excuses, one more inventive than the other.

If you're buying, you have to assume that the car is afterwards practically unsellable.

's my tainted view anyway.>

It depends if you're buying or selling

If you're selling then it shouldn't really affect the price. There is whole stream of excuses, one more inventive than the other.

If you're buying, you have to assume that the car is afterwards practically unsellable.

's my tainted view anyway.>

How bad is a catagory C anyway.

I don't understand how it wont affect the selling price but would affect the buying price. Surely the two go hand in hand John.

H.

I don't understand how it wont affect the selling price but would affect the buying price. Surely the two go hand in hand John.

No, they are different points of view.

The seller has every reason to claim the 'Cat C' thing is a misunderstanding/technicality/mistake/insurance fluke, and the car is as good as new

The buyer has every reason to be scared that the car cannot be sold afterwards to anyone with half a brain.

Hope you see my point.

here are the salvage catagories (to save arguments :) ):

*CAT A: Fire or Flood Damage = Vehicle must be crushed.

*CAT B: Heavy damage, with Chassis damage = Vehicle can only be sold for parts.

*CAT C: Vehicle is repairable, but uneconomical. Repairs if done through a garage books would be more than 100% of the vehicle value. = AND if repaired it must have a new MOT, and VIC (vehicle identity check) done.

*CAT D: Vehicle is repairable, but repairs cost more than 60% of the vehicle value but less than 100%. = if repaired it must have a new MOT.

Hope this clears things up!

Yeah, granted John.

Forgot about the people with half a brain. I would just expect to buy if for bugger all and then struggle to sell it if I ever wanted to.:rolleyes:

It also depends on the depreciation stage of the car. If it's a couple of years old, then it is less likely to be 'uneconomical' after a small shunt.

But nowadays it can become class C after a flat tyre:d

I guess if you intend to sell it as parts (or just keep it) it shouldn't matter too much, just get the discount it deserves and get on with it.

How's your boiler mate?

H.

It kicks ass:d

Thanks to the members of this forum I fixed it, and most importantly understood how it works, so I can diagnose/repair in the future :D

Nice one.