The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is BPU?

Guest chris.mcd22

Guest chris.mcd22

Hey guys. I am very new to the supra world.

Been reading around alot of threads trying to get ore clued up about supras before I buy one.

Keep seeing BPU mentioned but what is it ?

I guess its a peformance package? But what does it included ? and who makes the packages and what are the general prices to buy?

Cheers

Chris

Guest chris.mcd22
Id try using the search button mate before you get a load of grumpy old men taking the mic out of you.

Ok cheers.

Didnt expect the sarcastic replies.

I am new so was only asking. Never mind, but thats what i thought this forum was for helping out other members.

dont confuse him, i know what its like to be new on the forums, everyone is terrible with you untill you get to know each other.

BPU is Basic power upgrade it can consist of front mounted intercooler, dump valve, boost controller, cams. And yes there is a search button but the reason you posted this was because you wanted the answer to your question :)

OK, I am bored and hence I am not giving the usual reply of "Use the search button"!

BPU = basic performance upgrade and comprises of:

Straight through after market exhaust

Removal of one or both cats and replacing with decat pipes

Installation of a restrictor ring to stop boost creep (J-spec normally)

Installation of a boost controller and boost gauge

Colder plugs

New fuel pump

FCD = Fuel cut defender

I think that's just about it.

Guest chris.mcd22
OK, I am bored and hence I am not giving the usual reply of "Use the search button"!

BPU = basic performance upgrade and comprises of:

Straight through after market exhaust

Removal of one or both cats and replacing with decat pipes

Installation of a restrictor ring to stop boost creep (J-spec normally)

Installation of a boost controller and boost gauge

Colder plugs

New fuel pump

FCD = Fuel cut defender

I think that's just about it.

Thanks bud.

Thats exactly the answer i was looking for.

Wasnt that hard to do ah guys? :p

Ok cheers.

Didnt expect the sarcastic replies.

I am new so was only asking. Never mind, but thats what i thought this forum was for helping out other members.

I know man, and it is its just a lot of the guys who have been around here for years get bored of answering the same questions week after week.

Guest chris.mcd22
2jzhead, thats not correct.

CJ, on the ball as always ;) :D Though I would add that a boost controller is not required on a jspec, but is required on a UK spec

Why is it not required on a Jspec ? Does it come with one standard or does it not really need one?

I don't understand why people take the piss out of newbies asking questions thats been answered before .

don't get me wrong i understand how it must get boring reading the same old threads for you more experienced supra owners or members that have been on here for a few years.

But if all you say all the time is try the search button to every reocurring question wouldn't this eventually make this club vertually pointless.

Why is it not required on a Jspec ? Does it come with one standard or does it not really need one?

The jspec's wastegate is too small to handle the increase in boost. Therefore, after decatting (removing the back pressure from the exhuast system) boost runs away to crazy levels - hence the need for a restrictor ring in the exhuast to hold it at a sensible level.

The UK spec has a larger wastegate which CAN handle the increase in boost and will keep it below 0.9bar (ish). To raise boost past the wastegate level you need a boost controller (Or do it the poor mans way with a bleed valve)

But if all you say all the time is try the search button to every reocurring question wouldn't this eventually make this club vertually pointless.

I am sure that has been remarked on previously. If you search I am sure you will come up with the answer :p :D