The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust Gas Temp

tooquicktostop

A number of things really. Possibly your intercooler has degraded over time (I think you might notice the temp creep) or maybe you've sucked up a poly bag into your SMIC. Baffling inside your exhaust coming loose backing up the exhaust gas???? Turbo's overboosting and creating excessive heat. I'm not sure about fueling effects on EGT. Thats as far as my limited tech ideas stretch no doubt someone will happen along and tell me I am talking crap.

New batch of fuel with lower octane???

As the supe uses knock sensors it may be that a new tank full of fuel that's a lower octane is causing it to back off the ignition a touch. Retarding the ignition causes exhaust temps to rise.

If its learnt a more retarded WOT advance map try resetting the ECU?? Refuel with a decent fuel (V Power) at the same time??

There is approx a 200deg difference in having the probe mounted before or after the turbos.

If your probe is after your turbos you could be looking at real EGTs in excess of 1000deg which is deff not good.

If this is the case you should get it on a dyno to diagnose whats wrong with it.

Guest dturne81

You haven't fitted anything new recently have you? Exhaust cam timing plays a part in EGTs.... Do you have adjustable pullies? Is the belt tight? Beware, Super Unleaded is not sufficient for your car.... Most are 97 grade (Total, Texaco, Esso BP PANTS!!hehe). V-power and Tesco 99 is a minimum.

Try dropping some octane booster in and see what happens.

Do you have a wideband gauge in the car??? If not would advise one then you can see if your running lean as that also causes high EGTs. AEM do a great 52mm gauge with everything you need