The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mytyres.co.uk - Anybody tried them?

Golddigga

Hi,

I will need some new rear tyres early in the new year and I have found a website called mytyres.co.uk that sells the size I need 255/45/17s for around £140-150 each, which includes P&P.

They then have several listed tyre shops that will put the tyres on for around £10-15 a pop which means 2 new tyres for around the £300-350 mark.

This appears to be alot cheaper than just going into a tyre shop and buying them.

Has anybody heard of mytyres.co.uk or tried them?:search:

Thanks,

Chris.

you're going to the wrong tyre shops then mate.

i bought two 255/35/18 GSD3 Eagle F1's for £316 fitted.

my tyres CAN do some half decent prices but you have to then get them fitted as you say (i also believe some members have had problems with them if you did a search you'd probably find the info).

is there a particular tyre you're after?

i'd try Ibrar on here as well as http://www.camskill.co.uk who i've used and had my tyres to me within two days.

:)

Hi,

I will need some new rear tyres early in the new year and I have found a website called mytyres.co.uk that sells the size I need 255/45/17s for around £140-150 each, which includes P&P.

They then have several listed tyre shops that will put the tyres on for around £10-15 a pop which means 2 new tyres for around the £300-350 mark.

This appears to be alot cheaper than just going into a tyre shop and buying them.

Thanks,

Chris.

I totally believe in My Tyres for my Goodyears GSD3s. I bought a full set for my Honda Prelude at the beginning of the year and recently had 2 x 245/40/18s from them for a lot less cost than I can get them from anywhere near me. Delivery from Germany within a few days. Excellent.

The only drawback from this is there's only 1 tyre fitting company in Eastbourne that can fit them (Eastbourne Tyres) at a cost of £30 each! Pushes the price up somewhat. Ho hum.

Try them. I was pleased I did.

Try Ibrar at Pro alloys (traders section) he has quoted me £380 fitted or delivered for a set of goodyear eagle f1's ( stock 17 " sizes)

If you opt for delivery note places like Kwik fit aren't allowed to fit tyres they don't sell ! However if they have a couple of young lads working there you can usually give them a £10 and they will fit them for you, this is what i susually do

Just don't assume that any of them is cheaper just because it's on the net.

It may depend on the manufacturer/sizes, but the tyres I've bought over the last couple of years have either been cheaper locally, or so close in price that mail order wasn't worth the hassle. Plus, if there's a problem with a tyre it's a lot easier to sort it out with the shop down the road.

Hi,

Thanks,

Chris.

Hello mate I have used my ttyres about 4 times now never had any probs and they have a quick service. I always use formula1 to fit them i just have a word with one of the lads towards the end of the working day and they fit them for £20 CIH.

Chris