The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid Exhaust fitting type question...

Rayman

Ive just bought a 2nd hand HKS carbon Ti. Its not the one pictured but mine is the same.

Can you have a look at the picture below and tell me if i need to fit that gasket type thing that ive pointed out?

I didnt get one you see and was wondering if i will need to get one before i take it somewhere to fit or will i have one on my car already?

Stupid question i know but not technically minded and little things like this bug me! Everything has to be done right if you get me!:eyebrows:

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5130/hkscarbontifa9.th.jpg

i think you'll need to get one, as my HKS super dragger has the same arrangement.. 4 bolt connection

It will definately connect up without this gasket i am talking about, but i think the gasket is there to make sure the connection is air tight so to speak and doesnt blow and maybe also to stop the heat welding that connection point together!

Great Thanks Jake, will just get it fitted as is then. How loud is this exhaust what supe do you have it on?
On my grey BPU RZ it's very quiet. I left it ticking over for 40mins yesterday morning cos the battery was nearly flat. I couldn't do that with my other Supes without upsetting the neighbours. WOT sounds nice but not silly loud, unlike my blue car.

On my grey BPU RZ it's very quiet. I left it ticking over for 40mins yesterday morning cos the battery was nearly flat. I couldn't do that with my other Supes without upsetting the neighbours. WOT sounds nice but not silly loud, unlike my blue car.

Lol i guess it depends on what your used too, i guess its quiet to you as you are comparing it to your big single which will be a beast.

I was hoping this is going to be slightly louder than what im used to as my trust exhaust at the moment is too quiet. I still have both cats and if its quiet on a BPU then argh its going to be even quieter on mine.

My trust has a silencer between the backbox and downpipe and this doesnt so im hoping slightly louder!

I will see what its like, if not loud enough i can always dump a cat and then probably end up BPU as i snowball with the mods!