The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it Lowered??

JonW

yes. does it have the standard shocks and springs on? :D

if you can't identify them then try measuring the ride height from ground to wheel arch and the gap between the tyre top and arch.

this will give some indication if we can compare it to a car that we know for definite is at stock ride height.

I assumed that the shocks and springs were standard. I'm not really able to check. I will take the suggested measurements. Any idea what they should be as standard?

Cheers

i would have been able to tell you but my car with stock suspension has gone i'm afraid. someone will be able to tell you or take a look at theirs.

do you have a pic?

EDIT: just looked in your garage, looks standard ride height to me mate.

i would have been able to tell you but my car with stock suspension has gone i'm afraid. someone will be able to tell you or take a look at theirs.

do you have a pic?

I have had people say this and as far as i know mine is standard and not lowered, would be interested to know standard measurements, also, if not too cheaky how much was full Geo setup

The cost was £76.80 incl VAT. This included the check and any adjustments needed. If they need to work on the car for over 90 minutes then they charge £15 + Vat per extra 30 minutes.

Mine needed several changes but still fell within the 90 minutes.

Don't mean to sound cynical but what do they actually change for £76, I mean to check and align a subframe is quite a big job, but equally tracking is quite easy. So what do they actually do to car? and also if it was set back to Toyota setting why did they think it was lowered?

They checked the camber, caster & toe.

From what I can remember the toe (which I think is tracking, I am so non technical it's not funny) was out and adjusted, as was the camber.

I will get the print out and tell you exactly what adjustments were made if you're interested.

Why are you cynical? Is it because it wasn't £200?? If so I called several places and got a few similar quotes. The place I finally went to was recommended to me by my mechanic who had recently had his 500bhp RX7 worked on by the same people. His car is a track car and he was more than pleased with the results.

They checked the camber, caster & toe.

From what I can remember the toe (which I think is tracking, I am so non technical it's not funny) was out and adjusted, as was the camber.

I will get the print out and tell you exactly what adjustments were made if you're interested.

Why are you cynical? Is it because it wasn't £200?? If so I called several places and got a few similar quotes. The place I finally went to was recommended to me by my mechanic who had recently had his 500bhp RX7 worked on by the same people. His car is a track car and he was more than pleased with the results.

Wel I am a bit cynical because of the price but I was a bit curious of what they adjusted? People always talk of garages adjusting camber, toe and castor but I have rarely seen adjustments for most of these things thats why I was wondering what they adjusted. Toe is easy, thats done by the track rod ends, but how did they do the castor? the other thing that worried me was how did they set it to the Toyota settings if they weren't even sure of the ride height as that would drastically affect the settings.

Yeah that was me. The place is called Wigmore Autos, it's about half a mile down the road from Dave's place.

I answer to the question about how they did the settings without knowing if it was lowered. I assume they used the toyota settings regardless as that's what I'd asked for. The mechanic just asked out of curiosity because he thought the ride seemed firm!!!