The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which oil , which fuel ?? Any owners live in Stoke-on-trent

markjodrell

Hi

I have been looking at previous posts on which oil and which fuel is best etc etc .

I am a new owner (less than 100 miles) of a 1996 pre facelift Supra TT auto.STOCK other than rear back box:) :)

In a nutshell which oils is recommended if changed every 6k moderate varied driving.

Is semi synthetic sufficient?

Halfords????:search:

Which fuel is okay / best. Any super unleaded okay, the supermarket stuff or shell optimax etc etc:search:

Can you get the oil filters off the shelf from Halfords and are they the same as the UK TT supra?

Are there any members out there living in or around Stoke-on-Trent with TTs

any help appreciated , but please keep it simple as my heads in a spin at the moment trying to take it all in :blink:

I cant do tooooo much searching through the forums because Im at working sneaking 5 mins when I can;)

cheers

Mark

Thanks for all the replies.

I live near Hanley.

I only got my car on Monday night , on Tuesday I was working in Newbury so the car has sat on the drive since.

I am home tonight :)

Mines a Silver TT on a P plate.

So we have Kieran in Biddulph and one from Newcastle with the N/a was it?

Anyone else out there from the Stoke-on-Trent area ish ?

Mark

A good brand Semi synthetic 10/40 is fine with regular changes - every 4K miles.

Use the stock Toyota oil Filter.

Petrol - people favour Tesco 99, V-max and Ultimate.

took me a few seconds to figure out what you were on about but I now know you mean V-power :)

:p :) Welcome Mark you want to make it up to the Masgrat manor meetings (2nd Monday of every month ) its not a too far from you ;) and you can ask about any worries you have etc and meet some fellow members :blink: :innocent: :p

As for Oil use FULLY synthertic only on a TT mate for peice of mind either Mobil 1 or Silkolene is favourite, and a standard toyota filter

Petrol Optimax or tesco 99ron is the best stuff

Cheers

Ian

:p :) Welcome Mark you want to make it up to the Masgrat manor meetings (2nd Monday of every month ) its not a too far from you ;) and you can ask about any worries you have etc and meet some fellow members :blink: :innocent: :p

As for Oil use FULLY synthertic only on a TT mate for peice of mind either Mobil 1 or Silkolene is favourite, and a standard toyota filter

Petrol Optimax or tesco 99ron is the best stuff

Cheers

Ian

Hi thanks for the replies,:)

can you get the Silkolene pro5 10/50 from Halfords , how much is that ?

This will sound daft,:rolleyes: is the oil and filter change the same procedue as with any car, ie drop the oil ,change the filter replace oil, let filter fill then check again , job done .Ive never had a turbo car before so just checking that there isnt anything else to do.:blink:

Also , with the very few miles Ive done so far when driving the car I couldnt really hear the first turbo, the whistle , or at least it wasnt that obvious, however there was a real surge at around the 4k revs, is there any way of checking that the first turbo is boosting correctly as I havnt got a boost guage.

I have read that the 2nd turbo coming in shouldnt be that obvious.:search:

As far as I know mines stock with the exception of the wheels and back box, even the induction/ari filter is stock.

Is there any advantage of putting an after market air filter on as some on here have said the original is more than sufficient especially with a stockish exhaust.