The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Fudger

bromy

You do realise it's like the E-Manage only more limited? Hopefully it's cheaper.

-Ian

I've not really read into all this yet. I just know that my car was overfuelling (As they do) on the RRoad and sorting it with something like this or the CamCon shouldn't be too difficult or overly expensive.

With it being an auto whatever device I choose will have to piggy back a little for g/box control. RRP is rumoured to be 500usd.

Chris's Motec developments are more interesting as each day goes by so I'll probably decide not to spend on a stop gap and just go for the full monty. I need to spend more time investigating this stuff.

I've not really read into all this yet. I just know that my car was overfuelling (As they do) on the RRoad and sorting it with something like this or the CamCon shouldn't be too difficult or overly expensive.

With it being an auto whatever device I choose will have to piggy back a little for g/box control. RRP is rumoured to be 500usd.

Chris's Motec developments are more interesting as each day goes by so I'll probably decide not to spend on a stop gap and just go for the full monty. I need to spend more time investigating this stuff.

Well, here is my observations on it in case it helps you out, taking each bullet pointed function in turn:

The variable valve control stuff it says it can do is interesting but there isn't enough detail around it to say if it really actually can deal with the VVTi Supra. It says engine speed and load based which is promising though. I know the EMU probably can't even though it's got plenty of support for the "switch" based VTEC stuff.

It controls injectors like the EMU does, and has a larger range of adjustment, although it's a bit silly (-100% duty?! :blink: ) but it's got two less injector drivers so loses out on some flexibility there when you consider the extra drivers can be used to run nitrous or WI or and intercooler spray etc... The drivers are high impedance though, which is great if you've got low impedance injectors but if you've got the nice drop-in high impedance injectors that are popular upgrades in our neck of the woods, you might be shafted if the unit can't switch to low impedance drivers.

Two minutes of on board datalogging is just rubbish, the EMU can do at least 10 minutes at maximum sample rate, all data streams, and can go up to hours at lower rates.

Three channels of timing retard. Hmmm. Not sure why you want three channels. One should do, maybe a second for nitrous on (although it doesn't say if you can switch on the fly). Plus it's retard only, so no fat low down gains by advancing the timing when you go single turbo ;) Big win for the EMU there.

Onboard sensor is good, that's a costly addon for the basic EMU. Although it's only 25psi (1.7bar) so disappointment for the more extreme boosters out there :)

It's got airflow adjustment. Like every piggyback since the dawn of time. Meh.

The EMU is better, in my opinion, due to these features:

Ignition timing advance as well as retard

Acceleration, vehicle speed, water temp, and air temp fuelling correction maps

Acceleration timing correction map

MAF deletion - run the engine off the Greddy MAP sensor

Self-populating airflow map for easy MAF deletion

Rev limit raiser

Launch control (alas doesn't work with Supras so not that great in our community)

Autobox tweaking (ignition timing retard during shifts)

High speed datalogging (20ms sample rate)

Auxilary switched output map

8 injector drivers

And some other twiddly bits as well, there is a good few things it can do that don't apply to us, like VTEC and idle control, you can even go to 6 coil ignition and stuff. It's pretty cool although a full setup will cost you about £500 I think (Nic would know this better than I :) ) so it costs a bit more.

Oh and I won't mind at all if you ignore all this and go with CW's Motec solution, that sound pretty cool as well :thumbs:

-Ian