The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Must Remember.....

terribleturner

...to use the clutch in my NEWLY TRANSFORMED AUTO TO 6 SPEED SUPRA :D

Massive thanks to Sam and Greg and all the lads at Turbofit for squeezing me in and installing the conversion. Also big thanks to Jezzy for sourceing the complete conversion kit.

It's gonna take a few more hours to totally get to grips with the Carbon Carbon clutch but im sure it'll be worth it :D

Car went in Monday and i picked up wednesday, and when people say it transforms the car it sure does WOW. Today fels like the first dau i bought the car, i keep thinking about sneaking out of work just to go drive it. But that bloody clutch. Stalled it once this morning on the way to work in rush hour and then again just now as i popped out for some petrol.

Car feels faster too which is nice :)

Thanks Darryl, Greg lent me one but i've found one im happy with off Ebay too now.

How is the fabled 'driver involvement'? Was it everything us auto owners hope for? Sitting in traffic, brake, clutch down, change gear, clutch up, accelerate, brake, clutch down, change gear, clutch up, accelerate, brake, clutch down, change gear, clutch up, accelerate, brake, clutch down, change gear, clutch up, accelerate......;)

congratulations, sounds like you're enjoying it which is what it's all about! :)

so now you have real experience of before and after with an otherwise identical car, would you swap back to auto again or are you happier with how it drives now now? I know it takes some getting used to (mine has the on-off clutch too) but I think it's worth the effort personally, be interested to know how you get on and if you have no regrets

If you dont mind me asking James, what kinda price did it set you back for parts and installation?

Installation you'll have to check with Sam and Greg, but less than i first was quoted from others. The kit came with a Carbon Carbon clutch and i think was just over £2700

It only takes one fluffed change.....

It's not the changing of gears i have a problem with, it's the smooth pull away. I salute all drag racing manuals.

so now you have real experience of before and after with an otherwise identical car, would you swap back to auto again or are you happier with how it drives now now? I know it takes some getting used to (mine has the on-off clutch too) but I think it's worth the effort personally, be interested to know how you get on and if you have no regrets

There was one point tonight where i thought to myself that things would have been so much easier witht he auto, but it does make the car alot more fun. I do love the auto, but the manual puts the car on the ragged edge.

Sounds good matey, didn't see you at the Ace Tues, the BBC were filming too, hear Lui was interviewed and the Supe filmed

Also a Pop video was shot there too so It was a very busy night....

Car was up TF being finished off, thought about popping along in the bosses mercades but if it got crashed into....... :(

You fitted four wheel drive?!

Yeah Ian, didn't you know?? It's all the rage :D