The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 France2 Furious

Dragonball

Can't believe that none of you intrepid travellers are up and that I'm the first to post

Great day...no, an exceptional day out...

Loads of events of mention - and I'm sure a load of pics later (including a nine hour documentary from Simon!)

First mention to the man - Rokka - thanks m8 for getting this on - and superbly controlled!

Great convoying all the way to Ostend (which you can keep!)

Few of us getting lost!

Great company of people...!

Fantastic reaction in Calais - like something out of a film - with loads of people crowding the cars, taking pics etc etc

Then some French moded machines following us all (as we blasted them away!) all the way to the terminal - videoing etc

Drive home - great boxing in that Merc and just too tired to chase the Scoob - also Fastisnice not there with bit between teeth!

Mishaps - Peter getting smacked by a lorry in the service station whilst stationary / Daves RX7 getting somebody reversing into his bonnet! / Who hit the Merc?

Did about 350 miles yesterday - so had my fill of driving (for an hour or so!)

Thanks guys for a good one- even Jacqui is now becoming a Supra-holic!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im up now.

Was sooo tired when I got back last night! Hope evrryone else got back safe..

Costas , Where did you go?

Any way all together a fun day . Thanks Earth!

Quite funny some of the little races that happened, hope the cameras on the M25 dont work for all of our sakes :innocent:

Snowman , enjoyed our little battle at the end, why did we not do it in france though> ? At least now I know my car is not limited.:thumbs:

Paule .. thought you had got rid of us as you headed off home before all of us :cool: only to see some nutter fly passed ..

:looney:

I'm up now, i was dead last night but hey....

WHAT a fantastic day, people in Belgium and France were looking like they were invaded by aliens, the whole town was out even people from buildings at their balconys!. Felt like popstars! 100s of people gathering around our cars,

i will do it again anytime but next time to a different town makes it more interesting. Many thanks to Earth for organising it and getting us around as well as sorting out tickets etc.

TRD i went down the M25/A3 u?

Chris where did u go? I lost u quite early. People who didn't come they only have to see a video from this and they will be so jealous!. Can't wait to see video from Earth-Green and the other passenger (missing his name) in Silver supra. It should be just aweeeeesome.

hiya guys - i see some of us are still not awake yet. this was my first trip by car to the continent and it WOZ a blast!! great day, great company and of course some great cars. i could not believe the reaction of the people, especially in calais - they were ga ga over the cars.

big up to to da man they call 'rokka' - sham, it was a top day and thank you for arranging it and sorting everything out. despite some of the problems - think all had a great time. thank you.

si - good to meet you and thanks for doing all that running around with the camera. top man.

paulE - good to see you again (and jacqui). looks like more bling bling on the way ? man - i dunno about those neons tho...:innocent:

dave (snow) - good to put a face to a name finally. i think you must have used up the most amount of gas zooming up and down the convoy taking pics. rich just HAD to break that trampoline - no wonder we never got any change back !

chris - again, very nice to meet you and while i wasn't sure about the rims in pictures - very different story in real life ! they are sweet. think you should change your name to 'wheelspinner at every opportunity'......:p

dave(daverex) - great to meet you. thanks for the camera and we should catch up soon over a beer (or at g-force?). deffo the loudest man there...

marco(and g/f) - nice to meet you and that is one sweet machine.

peter n stef - guess lunch was going fine until the knife went !

raoul/rx-7 friends/fast - great to meet you guys. i still want a ride in a rex some time - LOL..

i hope i haven't missed anyone and if i have - my apologies.

so guys - when/where next ? BTW - had a bit of fun with an m3 and a scooby (white) on the way home.

I've got back ache....not sure if its Sham's stick shifting skills or that bloody camera.

What a Phat day out aye.

Please Please Peeeerleeesssse......can we do this again......when I get my Supra back from da butchers.

Just watched me rushes from the camera some great stuff......going to select the good bits on another tape then get my mate Luke to digitise it. And guess everyone else who has shot video is going to do the same I hope that will make it easy for my mate when he digitises it....between us we will have a good 10-15 min film.

Did anyone get the trampolene vandel on tape he he....

What a fantastic crowd of nutters we all were.. We all got on so well.....

This has got to be the best car related thing I've ever been on.....as much about meeting people and making friends with the cars being the backdrop.

The cars were amazing....nice to see the Rexy's too...need more of ya next time

You are all Stars....

Despite not having my car I had a great time.....Can't wait to get me car back.

Thanks everyone for making it such a success.

Thanks Sham for organising it and lettin me sweat in yer passenger seat.

:) :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well good morning ladies!

What a great day it was and completely agree with the tired thing, I was shattered in the morning.

I think few big hands need to go out. Firstly to Earthrokka for sorting everything, Sorry for were late in the morning.

Second big hand has to go to Pete for driving all the way down from Yorkshire, getting hit by a truck, chasing the truck and the coming will us and being a top sport all day. that was real dedication.

Had a fantastic time, Chris nice little run on the M25. On my private section of tarmac between the M25 and Oxford (you know the one!) managed to get 5 mph more than you got on the other priovate section of tarmac round the bottom of London!!!

Pics and video will be sorted asap, but thankyou everyone for making it a top day.

Calais loved us!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Guys

Well we are back, need to see videos and do it again soon :) so much fun

Had a fantastic time, i remember saying to Roy on the train that is was a great thing that everyone got on so well without having met beforehand

Was so tired when I got back, the plan to go out on the lash just didn't materialise, even Chris gave up the oportunity to ogle young ladies in school uniform

Mentions

Earth, top lad for making it happen! Big Respect

Roy, definetly catch up with you soon mate, quite happy to meet you at g force any time you fancy going, let me know

Paul E, love those neons mate, definite crowd puller!

Pete, sorry about your mishap hope it gets fixed easily, sure it will

Marco, your car is awesome

Chris, you are the Wheelspinner!, any excuse to put your foot down, quote, "its not me its the clutch!!!" :)

Raoul - always had the biggest smile!

and Nigel/Tariq- top lads as usual

Snowman - Bills on its way :)

Dave

My car isn't that loud!!! :)

Be still, Be still...Babylonianz.. Da Suprianz are here

Well, All praises go to the Mighty 1 for letting us have the nicest of the days weather wise n' problems free :thumbs:

Then, all big ups go to the attendees .. u have no idea how proud n' happy I was for the fact that u lot have answered my call and actually trusted me with yer day out :eek: (bloody foolz)..

Pete & Steff top Smaglaz of the convoy .. cigarettes & all that ..hehehehe.. respect for yer determination after that bugger hit ya beast .

I could recomend RX7's again, but no .. they stole the show at some point ..being bitter n' twisted like Ashley Willis ... i will not have 'em with us again !

O' course if u believe that then u been listening to Tony Blair for too long :p

My people, u were all fat ! i want u on the next trip pleeeeeez !

Respect to Dave R for his sproty reaction to his cracked bumper..

respec for that M8 big time.

Nigel, Tareeek " Assalamu alaikum my bortherz " r we gonna c u again ? i hope so.

Raoul, the next one will be shceduled for the end of June. So, hopefully yer supe n' Simon's r ready by then.. I wanna c a battle .. Fastiznice-kris Trd3000- Raoul :p

Costas... man fat car, fat turn out .. style as usual..

Snowman.. wot can I say ... forrrrget the delay .. didn't cause us any dammage really.. The Wycomb lot, u done us pride in every way...

Rich (snowman's passenger n' Trempelin vandal ) m8.. u got the job for the interviews next time .. it's been decided by the production lot.. they thought u had the face for it so .. wa ya say man ? this is no joke BTW.

Kris .. i haven't forgotten u baby .. u r like an ATTENTION SEEKIN MISSILE ...HEHEHEHEHE love u really .. good fun kroozaaa with yer bro' doing fine baby...

but i hated u when u didn't burn off that scooby ! i really did ! i wished i had me RED Skin INDIAN TT to fart in his face ! Also, u r useless in confirming if anyone iz missin from the convoy ... hehehehee

To be continued ....

Paul E & jacqui .. i didn't know u were such a cultured Banana ! I was impressed ! definately 1 up in me league table there ..hehehe... say hello to the missus for me .. she was a great lafff too ...

Actually ... all the ladiez were really fun .. joinin' with the boyz n' not being tarts like ASHley sometimes ... :p

I knew what wud happene in Calais, I wanted to keep it til last ..

then I started 'em off with the pop up bonnet ting .. revs .. n' all dat ... then the rest was a movie !

Forget the Fast n' Furious.. this is 2 FAST FOR THE CURIOUS

ROY wot can I say .. u were at the expected level me bredren ..

nothing less !

I wud love to thank all for answerin ' my call n' share this much fun that me n' SImon tasted few weeks back !

Next time we will try Boulogne etc.. the west side of France ..how does that grab ya ?

The only hick with these things is ,,, the weather ! it's gotta be in the summer period otherwise u need to buy boats if u wanna do the krrozin .. it rains like nobody's business there !

BTW, the fact that the group got on like fire is a clue of what i was trying to do .. reach out for more friends.

I was happy to do the big meets n' all that... but they r so far apart ! months to wait .. then u miss it coz u had to do somink somewhere !oh buggggaaa

For some reason those big meets felt like too many people standing around .. talking to the ones they know or saying just a quick hello to each other ! n' when u join a group sometimes they look at u as if to say " R u gay ? "

So, the smaller convoyz can bring people really close chat n' laff. also most importantly there is a big chance of becoming good CHUMS like my friend SKYWATER sayz ...hehehe...

Well, to tell u the truth, i wasn't surprised at the fact that we all got on very well n' bonded like we knew each for donkeyz .. n that made me very happy ..

Ohh ..don't worry about the hug thing .. it 's a meditterranean thing.. :p it gets worse we do all the kisses as well down there ! :hug: so count yerselves lucky that no snogging between the boyz gone on in the Tunnel :p don't tell ASH ..he might get all excited !

hi guys - if any of you have a pic of my car (sideways profile or bonnet shot) - i would appreciate it very much if you could e-mail me a copy so i can update the pic on my avatar. actually, even if there is a rear-end shot (no...not that rear paul!), that would be great as well. thanks in advance. a combo of all of all of the above would be nice as well.......:cool:

On behalf of Nigel and Tariq and myself, I'd like to say this has got to go down as one of the best meets/convoys we've had the priviledge of being part of. Definitely up their with our trip to LeMans last year and that is really saying something:D

Earth, you deserve the kudos for being the General for the day as we relied on your local knowledge - doubling back some way to round up the 'lost sheep' on more than one occassion without a word of complaint. Arranging this was a really big undertaking which actually went very smoothly.

Tell you what, the amount of 'respect' a convoy gets is incredible. On more than one occasion, traffic which had right of way, just waited patiently for all 10 cars to pass. Also, some that broke the convoy, pulled over so that it would be intact. You would never get this consideration over here. Another thing is people's open admiration. Great stuff.

Ostend, was, definitely...different, but at least we went, we saw, we experienced, we ain't going back :-) Only joking. Calais seemed somehow more 'alive'.

Calais, the climactic climax of octane induced propertions. It didn't disappoint.

The convoy was great fun with some entertaining mini-battles:

Chris v Costas: on the way back to Calais. Costas glued like a limpet to Chris's bumper. Puff of black smoke as Chris downshifts, Costas jinks to the right hand lane...the rest I didn't see.

DaveR v Nigel: Side by side, then GO: DaveR downshifts to 4th, Nige stays in 5th, DaveR gets 1/4 car length jump, then its all over...enjoy the rearview. The third time was back on homesoil. This time Nige downshifted as well...the rest is history :-) Was good fun though. both cars truly rapid. Oh almost forgot you Chris, you did sort of join in on one of the Rex on Rex battles, but you got caught napping. You really needed to downshift mate.

Really made me miss my car as I would definitely have been in the thick of the action! Nevermind, hopefully next time.

So greets to the peeps that have ECUs for brains and Valvoline 10w-40 for blood and breathe petrol fumes for we all made the day what it was:

Earth: great meet mate, you are the blokey bloke bloke. With a loudy loud loud mean looking NA which certainly took no prisoners :-) Oh yes, stop causing trouble for me. If you continue to 'big' up me car I'll have a queue of people waiting to open a big'ol can of WHUPASS on my Supra. LOL!... Actually, on second thoughts, it's a long time since my car has had a hearty meal so keep the adulation coming. Bruhahahaaa!!!

Fastisnice: your car is both. A nice display getting the backend out in Calais.

trd3000gt: what can I say? I expect your clutch is well and truly run-in now :-) As for the flywheel, well, I personally don't think the noise is that bad (just as well since we both bought the same setup). Must be worth it for the increased responsiveness. That's the way I am looking at it. Mind you, it might be a different story when I get my car back...

Snowman: car looking mint as always, with a nice turn of speed from time to time. Rich is a mad hatter he really is :-) Excellent interviewing skills.

Simon: kudos also to you for lugging around that camera all day. Certainly helped draw attention. Hopefully like me, you'll get your car back real soon.

DaveRex: Your car is LOUD! I think yours was the only Rex to produce flames in Calais. It also popped a nice big flame on the way back to London. Serious road presence as well. Some nice Rex on Rex action - FDUK (First Downshift Usually Kicks) rocks - we should get more of ya next time.

Roy: good to put a face to the name. loverly mota.

PaulE: always a pleasure. The neons sent the crowd into a mad frenzy. Hopefully a pleasurable one :-)

Peter: Was sorry to see evidence of the prang. A good excuse to get an aftermarket bumper though. Still, you kept your chin up and played your part in the convoy. Good on ya! Hope the car gets sorted quickly.

It was a pleasure to convoy with you all.

Rgds,

Raoul That was funny man .. :p yeah ..deffo next time we try to change direction and head for WEST Boulogne.. supposed to be nice !

Snowman ...that photo of passport ! can I bribe u to destroy it? :sly: bugggggaaaz .. i'm gonna get the piss taken outta me no end now make sure Ashley doesn't c it otherwise he's got 1 up on me then :p

Roy.. Help me man..

Actually I didn't mind Ostend at all. I am always up for an adventure and it was nice to take the convoy somewhere different. So no worries on my part.

Ah yes, forgot about that photo. We need someone with really cool photoshop skills to do it justice :D :D

Rgds,

amen to that rule brother .....

milly - eerrr sorry i mean earth, it really is your fault for leaving it lying on the table ! i left mine in the car because if they saw that, they would have choked on their beers.

snow - i say you post it on the BBS !

BTW - ash where wuz you man ? missed you on the open road !!

Miilyy wot ? ow.. cmon.. boyz i'm payin' for that at Airports as it is :D

The Chinese lookin' gal (immigration officer ) at Heathrow last week checked me out out of 7 dodgy looking people in front of me ! none of' em was asked to show their passports :sly:

I was tempted to shout " Kinp Prawn fried rice n' prawn crackkkaz pleeez" or .. ask to check 'er Passport just to c if she is not an asylum Sneakkkaaaah stylin it at Heathrow.... just to give 'er a taste of her own crap.

Si, u'r alive ! we were up watchin the movie til past 02:30 am:eek:

We need a copy of Snowman's footage ASAP coz me n' SI r about to do the editing this week at my house all welcome .. Pizza feast or somink.. if u wanna have an input to what stays or goes..

eeeeeezzzzzzzyyyyy now :p