The mkiv Supra Owners Club

impossible combination??!

Guest matt_ctr

Guest matt_ctr

Guys,

New to the forum and am currently deliberating which car to get next (have gone civic type R, S2000 and integra type R...notice the trend?!)

on the list so far are a few toyotas, namely:

MR2 turbo

celica GT4

supra

have just done the obligatory insurance check and it appears that an import TT will cost, well, quite a lot. An N/A is only a bit behind that and the cheapest of the bunch seems to be a UK twin turbo, and is actually cheaper to insure then my S2000 was!!

Now my question really is how likely am I to find a UK TT (pref manual) for around 6-8 grand?? There are plenty of import ones out there but just how rare are the non-import ones? Do I need to re-asses my aspirations somewhat?

Have only checked with elephant at the mo so others may be cheaper on insurance and have my eyes peeled on here and pistonheads for cars for sale.

On a seperate note, nice forum- seems to be plenty of useful info/guides/FAQs which is always good. Not too many "my cars faster than..." posts either which is refreshing compared to some forums! (wont mention any names!)

Matt

Now my question really is how likely am I to find a UK TT (pref manual) for around 6-8 grand?? There are plenty of import ones out there but just how rare are the non-import ones? Do I need to re-asses my aspirations somewhat?

:lol:

if you're very lucky you'll get an imported TT6 for that money (CJ knows someone who's selling a white one and if it's bought by this weekend then it's offers over £7k which is a fantastic price!) but other than that you're looking at an auto UK mate.

try the club insurer Sky for a quote.