The mkiv Supra Owners Club

refur headlight photos please !!! caliper sticker colour

markjodrell

Hi

I am going to get my lights refurished by Jon from this forum.

The problem is I cannot decide which to have.

My car is silver , I fancied the facelift style with crome rings to modernise the car.

Anyone got any photos of his refurbed lights on the car, silver car preferably , so I can see what they are like fitted.

Apart from that , which one do you guys think would look best on a silver car ??

Also what colour caliper supra stickers would you put on a silver car

any help muchly appreciated

Mark

Thanks alot for the photos, looks really good.

Did you send him std lights for the refurb.

How similar are they to genuine facelifts.

I like the mesh grill you have, I have the std bumper but want to put the mesh in and change the indicators to the clear one like yours.

How easy is it taking the headlight out / back in??

Any more photos of other variations of the lights would be great

thanks to all

Mark

Mark - I belive Gaz operates a exchange basis with him sending you a set to borrow or an already referbed set before you send him yours :)

Almost the same as the facelifts but the side light is no incorperated into the facelifts. Headlight swap out will take you 10 minuites per light, dead easy :)

hth

Hmmm, this is something I've been looking at too. Is Jon Gazgeroin or whatever his name is, trying to remember off the top of my head. Great guy and excellent prices.

I was thinking about Facelift fronts, but thinking black inside on a black car may look too dull. Like the look of the new Angel Eyes though ;)

Hi Damon,

are your lights the facelift style,(your car looks ace m8)

getting mixed opinions now on which will go best with a silver car, its just that I wanted the facelift to make it look more recent.

Any one got any more photos of the refurbished lights on a silver car ??

Thanks buddy, mine are not the facelift ones, i went for something a bit different, in fact im yet to see it on any other supe. I choose UK spec lights, which are basically the same design as the original (pre faceleft) lights but they have a glass lense, and had the back plate thing sprayed the same colour as the car.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9514/imgp1119tm0.jpg

Satsport..

are your lights in the photo original facelift lights or the refurbished ordinary ones refurbished to look like facelifts.

Apparently Jon off this site can refurbish normal lights to look like facelifts so I assume the sidelights will be still there in the headlight ( at least that is how I understand it)

Who is Nic and how much do the clear indicators cost

cheers

Mark

PS nice car m8

Mark, Mine are Facelift items i bought of Nic in Hong Kong (see the traders section), and here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=76750

difference as i said are no sidelights and no lines in the glass for beam focusing, this is done now on the actual lens inside. Also gives you the opportunity to get rid of those ugly orange indicators and replace with the clear indicators/sidelight unit.

Rears to match are also available.