The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Bonnets

silvershark44

Possibly, I know the GT-Fours with bonnet vents have undertrays (although these are obviously factory fit). Most owners bin them in the name of getting some hot air out of the engine bay.

Some people however, seem to be afraid that their engine will fall apart if it gets wet :D

Possibly, I know the GT-Fours with bonnet vents have undertrays (although these are obviously factory fit). Most owners bin them in the name of getting some hot air out of the engine bay.

Some people however, seem to be afraid that their engine will fall apart if it gets wet :D

Evo's have these dont they so its not a problem!

and the like with cuts in them

surely your engine gets wet when it rains?

Is this not a problem?

That's what i've been thinking. Surely it cant be good if all your engine bay is getting piss wet through.

I suppose its not to bad if its garaged all the time but mine isn't. And its not got all polished bits but I'd be paranoid about the bad weather.:rolleyes:

Mine is fine in the rain, yes it does get a bit wet but that is to be expected. Yes, I am a 'tart' and have polished bits, I do not get water marks unless I leave the water standing on it. The car is garaged so it does not sit out in the rain. ;)

I'm surprised you don't have a couple of pit-bulls patrolling around yours ;)

I've got a vented bonnet as well, and must admit that in the last few weeks rain it's been under a cover to keep it snug!

To be honest - when it's been left out in the rain it doesn't look too bad - just needs a wipe every so often to keep it shiney....

yeah u dont want it sucking in water

u'd get a nice bit of hydrolock :)

Yeah thought as much someone did once tell me it wouldnt matter but i have always covered the top of the air intake when it rained.

why dont you get some see through plastic and attach that some how ?

i think thats what i am going to have to do

Think i will just get a better looking stainless bit of kit made up that goes over the top of the intake as before as they do let loads of heat out. Cheers all.