The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All

Guest Panayiotis

Guest Panayiotis

Hey everyone,

New to the forum, but not new to Supra's. I had one back in 1997 when I lived in Australia, RZ 450hp@wheels and track set up/full cage etc etc....nearly killed myself in it but Im still here and thats another story. Had a few cars since, a few other toyotas whilst living in Japan but since moving to the UK in 2004 I have been carless. Living in London does that to you.

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and get behind the wheel again, and instead of buying some 1.6ltr jobbie and hate everytime I get behind the wheel, I have decided to get behind the wheel of the old Supra.

In Australia we only had the option of buying import, and the mileage of cars back then was very low, however these days the mileage has increased quite a bit (well it has been the best part of 10 years!) so I am more tempted to pick up a UK model just to be on the safe side. Also un modded would be a bonus, but the odd exhaust modification and suspension change doesnt hurt.

Don't want to babble on too much, but I'm going to be lurking around, but I am on the look out for the right car, and I know it will take time.

So hello everyone (name's Peter by the way) and keep me in mind if you see or know of a car that is for sale or coming up for sale then give me a buzz.

Cheers cheers

Hello and welcome.

Regarding the UK models, these are MUCH more likely to have higher milage than the Jap imports, most we see coming up for sale have 100k miles, though there are the occasional ones that have lower. They also command a greater price due to their relative rarity and the fact it costs half as much to insure one here as an import.

Best of luck in your search :)

Guest Panayiotis

Cheers...I was going to say that given the performance capabilities and lets face it how dangerous they can be to drive in the wet, I was surprised to see how cheap they are to insure.

• 3 weeks later...