The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring 2007

Robbie

Anyone thinking of making the trip may/june next year?

If so I'd be up for joining the fun:D

Also le mans 24heurs, but maybe its too late for a decent site/tickets?

I'm determined to get onto the autobahns and do the nurburgring inthe new year so if there's anyone thinking of making a convoy let me know.

Thanks

Gaz, in the past, and i know prices vary depending on the car etc, but how much roughly does it cost, start to finish, including fuel and the ring fees.

Tough one. I think for me and a mates car, 2 cars 4 people the Ferry (Hull to Zeebrugge) was £240 ish.

Fuel, think I used around 6 tanks, £50/£60 a shot avg. That was doing 100mph+ on the continent nearly all the time, and the Ring etc. We did just under 2000m.

That was Newcastle > Hull, Zeebrugge (the very long way) > Koblenz, then Back and forward to the ring everyday (60 miles a day x 3).

I did 5 laps of the Ring in my own car (would have done more but I had a misfire). You get around 8mpg round the ring, 14miles per lap. Its £11 per lap roughly.

Then you've got food and drink - I guess £30-50 per day depening on how much you eat and how pissed you like to get. Beer and food is cheaper over there, its better and you get plenty for your money.

Hotel was cheap. Nice 4 star in was only £30 per night per person.

So:

Hotel/fuel/ferry or tunnel: £300 ea. if you have someone to share with.

Ring: £60-150+ depending how enthusiastic you are.

Food & Drink: £150

HTH

Gaz.

Would love to do the Le Mans thing. I go every year but never in a Supe.

Won 't be able to go this time as the wife will be ready for popping in the middle of June.

Maybe 2008 for me i'm afraid.

H.

For any of you thinking of going to Le Mans next year - here's a little something to maybe get you in the mood. (Sorry for the thread hijack, Robbie! - oh - must get that video together from Marham sometime too, sorry!!)

VIDEO