The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet Spraying - What's a good price?

SupraAyf

Right guys,

I am after a new bonnet (Chargespeed) but how much would it cost to paint?

I have the Toyota red (3L2) which is in great condition but could I just order the bonnet; have it painted by someone who has the colour number and then affix it to the car when it arrives at home.

Also for the Hampshire guys, does anyone know a good sprayer in the Portsmouth area in the event that the wings need blending.

Cheers all, Andrew:thumbs:

Failing that has anyone got a nice (non-standard) '3L2' red bonnet for sale!

Guest blueangel

do you have any pix of your car please fella, i have just had a mates car in the spray shop for a new bumper but the 3l2 code was a bitch to match, would just like to see the colour on another car.

I can recommend Andy at Horndean Accident Repair Centre - opposite Gales Brewery. He did a great job on my grey car when I needed a wing resprayed.

Cheers Jake mate - if you don't mind me stating the obvious bud but you do have a bit of a 'rear-end' thing going on in your Avatar!:blink:

why not just pop down and see what they are doing

Spoke with them a few times following your advice mate and the cost is going to be minimal - the guys I spoke with also sound very willing to help which is always a good start - thanks for your help mucka - much appreciated indeed. I should be there next week:yes:

i got told £150 and £200

Thanks MS - you're bang on there Sir but I have managed to achieve the bottom end of your estimate which is good news,

Cheers All,

Andrew:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

i paid 120 for my TRD and that was both sides

Steve, that was good mate. Was it just round the corner from Portsmouth though! Mind you, after researching this bonnet pricing business over the last few weeks, it seems that a carbon bonnet can some times be much cheaper than a painted one (depends where you go but lots of guys take first or 2nd quotes as we know) - not everyone is a tight arsed .............. like me!!:innocent:

As Pig said, I took mine to PL Carbodies in Warwick.

They charged me £680 for full bonnet respray and blow of rear quarter scratch and mop of the entire car - and that was cash and he said it would otherwise be about £100 more!!! It was stunning when I got it back though - they deal with Lotus' and Prestige Cars.

I think Phils precise words were when I dropped it off "Fu*k me that's a big bonnet"!

Still, they did an absolutely cracking job.

Although Knight Racer quoted £700 for the bonnet, rear quarter and two front wings so I should of gone there but it was a little far away......at the time. I'd go there SupraAyf mate. ;)

Good luck.

Greg

Although Knight Racer quoted £700 for the bonnet, rear quarter and two front wings so I should of gone there but it was a little far away......at the time. I'd go there SupraAyf mate. ;)

Good luck.

Greg

Cheer Greg for your help and advice mate - much appreciated mucka. The Knight Racer boys are fast developing one hell of an outstanding reputation eh!