2uz 4.7L TT Install

Nic

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the 2UZ. It's the Cast Iron V8 in the Toyota range. Cowboy chose it because he wanted the extra strength...because, get this, the Ali 1/3UZ's can't handle much more than 1000BHP! :rlol:

What Cowboy has done though is design an adaptor plate to go between the V8 and the Getrag V160box! Which is tres cool.

V8 4.7L TT6....sweet :) (if just a little nose heavy ;) )

Very interesting indeed.

Being a Toyota, I guess ChevyV8 is a non-starter, keep it in the Family and all that...

It wouldn't be cricket but it would be the sensible thing to do...

Pro's

5.7L

Millions of cheap parts.

Sounds right

Cons

It's not a Toyota....hmmm this argument is starting to lose me thinks.

• 1 month later...

Exactly, I like my Toyota Supra to have a Toyota engine. :) We're nearly complete with the 4.7L build, and we're starting work on a 5.4L stroker motor (2uzTT) that's shooting for the 1500HP range. Beleive me when I say the motor is getting custom everything, right down to custom buckets. The crank itself is being produced as I write this, and is made from a Tonka tough 9310 grade hardend nickel chromolly steel.

My personal motor however will only be 4.8L by the time it's all said and done. We're also in the middle of producing a plug n' play harness that mates the Link G2 to the 2uz/MKIV Supra.

In the meantime, here's a couple more pics of the motor...

I'm not all that convinced that the V12 is the right way to go, especially since we're making this into a production kit for other Supra owners. I considered it, but the pros outwheigh the cons. I wanted to start with a bulletproof iron block with good cylinder to cylinder distances, and the 2uz fits the bill. Nearly everything, about 95% of it, has been custom so far, but we've learned a lot now that we've cut our teeth on the production.

Our main goal is to produce a motor that givesd maximum torque (something 2jz forgot about), fast spool, maximum HP potential, and MOST importantly be made in kit form for reproduction so that any Supra owner can experience the V8TT swap.

Eric

Sounds good - any ball park figures on such a kit and what it includes?

You've mentioned ECU included - will there be some headroom for the UK's crappier 99octane RON maximum fuel in the way it's mapped?

Cheers,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Oh yeah, the kit we've outlined is made per the customers needs. We can keep the CR at 8:1 if the end user would like. The Link G2 seems to be the right EMS to get the job done since it controls both the ignition and injection sequentially. No wasted spark here.

Thanks man!

Eric

Is that the same engine that they use in the Bullet MX5 type thing that they make in OZ?

I believe they use an early 1uz. They only share block dimension, rod and bearing size, and well that's about it. We had decided to use the 2uz instead of the early 1uz for a number of reasons, one of which being the iron block. :) We love the turbo out here :)

Eric

I believe they use an early 1uz. They only share block dimension, rod and bearing size, and well that's about it. We had decided to use the 2uz instead of the early 1uz for a number of reasons, one of which being the iron block. :) We love the turbo out here :)

Eric

Sounds like its going to be awesome:) whats the expected power/torque output?

and yeah i've seen some of the turbos you bolt to the 2JZ in the US;)

I'm only using twin 56mm .070 a/r Schwietzers myself, I want spool right off idle or as close to it as possible. I'm only shooting for 900rwhp and as much Tq as that will give me. We're building a stroked 5.4L 2uz V8TT motor now for a good friend that is going all out. His goals are set high at ~1500Hp, so we're reinforcing every aspect of the motor right down to the buckets, 4 bolt mains, etc.

Eric