The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2001 supe mmmm

gaz1

It's 2001 according to the DVLA because of the private plate.

If you import a car and stick a private plate on it for some wierd reason the registration date becomes the date the private plate went on it. This means he can legitimately now get a Y/51 plate for it....despite it being made in 1996.

100% Legal, DVLA loophole.

"For the avoidance of doubt, this car is an early facelift model manufactured in late 1996 used in Japan before being imported to the UK in 2001, when it was declared new and given a 2001 registration by the DVLA (apparently this only happened to a limited number of Supras)"

At least he tells you further down the advert

If you import a car and stick a private plate on it for some wierd reason the registration date becomes the date the private plate went on it. This means he can legitimately now get a Y/51 plate for it....despite it being made in 1996.

correct

Look at the log book pic... they fucked somthing up there.

There is alot of this going on at the moment and its not all down to the importers,

DVLA are sending out wrong reg numbers and when you argue they argue they are correct,

My FTO was a 95 car and i had my Private plate on it, when i removed the private plate when i sold it DVLA issued me with a 52Reg plate.. 20 phone calls later and loads of arguing i gave up with DVLA, the buyer was made fully aware it came in the UK in 2002 but was a 95 car

Also noted on ebay,idiots are trying to sell import RX8's as 1308cc ... twats they are really leaving themselves open to legal action from a buyer, because when they come to insure it.. and realise they are a 2616cc,as ebay is supposed to be a legal binding agreement surely the seller is tthen liable as sold a car on false pretence, as i'm sure many buyers would then think they'd get the cheaper car tax, where as the RX8 is the very max at the top end range due to high emissions.

I assume this only happens if the car is given a private plate at the same time it is first registered in the UK, right? (i.e. its first ever UK reg was a private one)

I assume this only happens if the car is given a private plate at the same time it is first registered in the UK, right? (i.e. its first ever UK reg was a private one)

I'll check my doc as my Supe came over here in May 2005 and i put my private plate straight on it , back in a tick

......................................................................................

Ok have my doc in front of me

my car has only had a private plate on it

first date of reg 01/12/95

Date of reg in uk 17/05/2005

.......................................................................................

My FTO was good because certain parts eg Seat belts had year stamps on them

Yes.

And it's something that's possible, but doesn't ALWAYS happen...depends how switched on the DVLA monkey is.