The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vine Place

Chris and Alana

I thought I would let you guys know of my experience with Vine Place in Newcastle (Was based in Durham). I bought my car from them in july, great guys and I got a great car, even got a full service when I bought it and 12 months warrenty, including turbo warrenty :) however I had a little accident in the wet, spun the car and damaged my front bumper :( so me and my mate reinforced the broken parts of the bumper and fiberglassed it (alot) for strength. We then attempted to spray it, bad idea. So I took it to Vine Place as I bought the car there and he told me that he does body work so I thought it would be a safe bet. They had a look at my car said a couple of bits need filling on the bumper and it then needs to be sprayed, it will cost £100 + vat. So I booked it in. It took 3 days got my car back, looked fine at first glance (it was raining so I didnt inspect it then) but when I inspected it back at home it was a whole different story. They had rubbed the bumper down and prepared it on the car which resulted in the paint being rubbed off the edges of my front wings, bits of filler stuck to my headlights which I still havnt got off [ANGRY][/ANGRY] they never took the bumper off at all even the front indicators as there is rough filler on the bumper around the indicators and all around he top of the bumper where it meets the wing ( I know cos I took the bumper off today) and then they just sprayed it, I mean :wtf: . On top of that there was over spary all over the radiator, front indicators all over my lovely engine bay which took a whole god damn day to rid of. And to top that off there was lots and I mean lots of nice silver overspray all over my brand spankin new 18" alloys and just as new Goodyear Eagle F1's ( that took 2 days of painfull hard graft to take that lot off without damaging my new wheels) to say im not impressed by Vine Place's body shop is an understatement, its the worst work Ive ever seen and im not to happy but sh*t happens.

Sorry for the long post and I toyed with the idea of taking it back but I thought it would do more harm than good so I decided to let everyone know how bad they are instead DONT GO THERE FOR BODY WORK!!!!!!

wow! thats bad mate, i mean, they must have noticed they had made a sh*t job of the thing and to just had it back over like that. You should go back, not even something to think about. you have to do it.

Ironically, the private reg plate i bought had "Vine Place" at the bottom of it..

Thanks mat but im not in a hurry to get it resolved just yet as christmas is sucking my bank balance dry, Ive also just payed out £800 to insure my other car so no spare cash till nxt month probably but thanks anyway

give them a call after xmas then, you may be suprised ;)

Its not a huge trip from T&W is it?

I know it wasnt much to pay but Vine Place are a recognised name not a bodge it and scarper ltd merchant around the corner down the dark alley. He said they always do a good job and that the guys are very reliable so I didnt question the price. I never even rang anywhere else to compare as I was happy with them to do the work (they were the first I approched) and just a 2 miles away.

Im sorry, but you paid £100 for a bumper spraying and expected it to be perfect?

Granted overspray on engine and wheels is a bit out of order, and yes they should have removed the bumper, but really you didnt pay much!

Sorry Rob, but if you go to a bodyshop and ask for a quote they should give you a price for doing it properly!!

If someone said £100 for a shit job. £200 for a decent one you'd think they had gone nuts.

H.

Sorry Rob, but if you go to a bodyshop and ask for a quote they should give you a price for doing it properly!!

If someone said £100 for a shit job. £200 for a decent one you'd think they had gone nuts.

H.

Thats what I thought when I booked it, they should give you a price and do a job properly, whether its cheap or not, I didnt know how much it costs to have a bumper sprayed as I have never had to have it done before and they were the only people I got in touch with. I had no reson not to trust them

H.

Most definately yes.

Perhaps i should make it clear exactly what i meant?

you ask the guy for a quote to repair and repaint the front bumper of the car, he says - ooh, £100+vat, didnt that ring alarm bells?

It isnt a fiesta ;)

Yeah but like I said before they are not a back street garrage they are a well known importer and sell good quality cars, they do all there own mechanical work, god forbid, and body work and kjust because it was £120 instead of £180 - 200 or wot ever it would cost from a dealer etc they should still do a good job. If they said yeah by the way Il bodge it for ya for £100 + the vat I woulkd of said on ya bike but I was told from a good businnes (Vine Place) which have been around for years that they are always good and reliable.

Company is well known and normally respected for good quality cars ( and work I suppose as they do everything ) - Price was right - I bought my car from there and had no reason not to trust them - was told 'they' (must be the guys that do body work) are always good and reliable and all that = the ultimate shit job