The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soarer TT ??

Jim_1979

Brilliant car, And now command onlypennies .. Why??

£2500 upwards for a minto one

pros

Skyline perforamance with Rolls Royce comfort,

2.5TT

With a decent imported bodykit can look the nuts

cons

Manual really rare

Very bland standard looks

Needs a leather interior refit

These cars were nearly 40k when sold in 95 hence why they never too off over here

Avoid

NA

V8 (Slow)

These are now beginning to appear in huge numbers in the Jap car scene as people now realise their huge potential for basically pennies...

I have been tempted i must say

Yeah... I'm sorta tempted by a TT Manual version... just not many about.

Anyone know how much space is in the rear? (seats)

loads and a proper boot... takes 4 adults and luggage no probs

These were mega bucks when new..

Don't be put off by horror stories of dash bulbs etc, yes they fail but can now be fixed for as little as £60.00 not the hundreds it cost only a few years ago,

The Soarer is a legend it is own right... very underestimated car... and bullet proof as is the Supra .. Just so damn bland in standard form, Needs a bodykit and they look superb,

p.s

Good luck with trying to find a Manual ... VERY RARE INDEED

I've got a 2.5TT MANUAL Soarer.

Just had it UK registered, MOT'd and Tax'd for 1yr, last week.

Very clean example.

Completely standard apart from Air Filter and HKS BOV.

Metallic dark green

60k miles

Still had its stock speed restrictor at 180km/h (110mph) until i fitted a speedo convertor and delimiter at the same time as a Full Service, Cambelt and cambelt tensioner change, 2 weeks ago.

Got the car back with new Cobra alarm fitted 2 days ago.

Will have a BN Sports front bumper fitted once my stock arrives, then will go in my bodyshop for a quick blow over any chips and dings.

Still got a new MP3/CD head unit to go in, along with a new Amp to power the components speakers in the doors.

Will be a minter and will let her go shortly after the new year if anyone is interested.

Regards

Albert

Very nice cars, driven a few at work, rear seats are a joke as are most jap cars, the dash is the most common fault and does cost quite a bit to have rebuilt, we had quotes from £150-200 for dash repair, only one to go for is the 2.5tt, such an awesome sound too, turbo's come on parrellel which is nice and an all round great car for so little money, manuals are rare and I'm still not 100% if they came from factory in that form as most companies I've spoken to the cars have been converted, the auto is real nice though.

theres way more space in the back of a soarer than a supra my mates got one im 5''8 and il say you could get three adults in the back easy and plenty of leg room where as im squashed in the supra and the headrooms massive only downside interiors all wooden effect and crap front seats way faster than a n/a supra i considered putting the engine out of soarer in my n/a but fell on its ass theres few n/a with the engine in the australian supra club

Also, the engines are almost the same so they share alot of parts. For example, Im currently taking the 3l bottom end of a 2jzgte and building it with forged jobbies and mating it to my built 1jz head. So tuning potential is definately there!

The build quality of the soarer surpasses most if not all of the jap cars out there. The soarer(or lexus sc) was designed for the american market and also did very well in the Gulf. You dont get cheap rattles and tinny noises in this car. OK, its heavier than other cars out there but nothing turning up the boost shouldnt sort out!

I agree in standard guise it can look bland. Purist may say that this is part of the sleeper look this car provides. I say get a classy kit on it and make it individual... my kit:

http://www.origin-lab.co.uk/ssoarer.php.htm

Oh, and dont forget, setup properly, this car is a drift god!