The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been driven of road

cainhead

:( Not happy at all. Infact that does not come close. Not going into full detail now as I will rant on, but a silver volvo swerved in front of me as we are leaving a roundabout going on to a dual carridgeway, leaving me no room to make it on to the dual c'way so I had to try and take action and carry on round, but a got onto the muddy dirt on the side of roundabout, smashed into a curb threaded the car between a lamp post and a road sign and came to a stop at the top of the bank. Car still drives but new do-luck kit is wrecked.

Worst thing of all, the other car did not stop. Seems like he/she was completely oblivious to what they had just caused.

Got the make and model of other car, but buy the time I had stopped skating accross the grass, he was long gone.

Want to scream!!!!!

Will post pics up in a bit.:( :( :( :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there were plenty of cars in and around the roudabout, so hopefully somebody has seen it. Im going to try and contact the council to see if they have any cameras in that area. Going to the police station in a bit to report it fully, but they did not seem that bothered on the phone and one even drove past without stopping.

I need to get the car checked out fully, but insurance company are closed. There is a scrapping noise coming from somewhere, but nothing is hanging down or touching. I have a buckled wheel and think maybe the suspension is bent.

Any ideas on what to do, or will the insurance company sort it?

Simular think happened to me mate in my old 200sx .

an old git decided he wanted tp drive in the middle of theroad on the oncoming traffic to me so to cut a long story short i had to stick my car up the bank and ended up scratching all down the passanger side of the car , Not happy ! but by the time i had chance to turn round they was long gone .

Sorry to hear about your supra mate !

Big thanks to supra ash for leaving work to come and help. Cheers for following me back.

What did suprise me a little is another supra with a dragonball sticker drove straight past. If whoever it was reads this, im not having a go, I know people are busy and have things to do. I just half expected them to stop.

I had a car do this exact same thing to me on the A1. Came off the roundabout I was next to them and instead of going into the empty inside lane he was in went into the second lane I was occupying at the time. I reacted automatically and went onto the grass verge and somehow luckily held the car straight and didn't hit anything. In hindsight had I of smacked the armco it would have been difficult to prove fault and I would have been better off letting the other car drive into me.

no there was not any contact, I was taken action to avoid hitting them. Thats the worst thing. I know where there is a camera he would of gone past but it is further down the road. So even if he has been spotted on that, I cant prove a thing. Gutted and feel robbed.

p.s cheers for all the replies:thumbs:

Sorry to hear this. I hate roundabouts...sometimes feel as though I'm the only one there at the time who actually knows how to use one. Being squeezed out, people indicating the wrong way, or not indicating at all etc seem normal now. Rush hours the worst, people deliberately approaching in the wrong lane, indicating to go all the way round then at the last minute gunning it and cutting in on your exit to get a couple of cars ahead in the queue home. These ass holes are predictable, its the ones who are blind and dont seem to have peripheral vision who cause the real issues. Its dangerous driving, nothing less, and its getting to be the norm.

That was as close as I can get to a rant by the way.

What did suprise me a little is another supra with a dragonball sticker drove straight past. If whoever it was reads this, im not having a go, I know people are busy and have things to do. I just half expected them to stop.

So really we need the VRN of the Volvo and the VRN for the Supe that you mentioned above.:eyebrows:

I would be gutted if was one of the forum guys!:thumbdown:

If you need any help with anything mate?????? Regards, Andrew

I had a car do this exact same thing to me on the A1. Came off the roundabout I was next to them and instead of going into the empty inside lane he was in went into the second lane I was occupying at the time. I reacted automatically and went onto the grass verge and somehow luckily held the car straight and didn't hit anything. In hindsight had I of smacked the armco it would have been difficult to prove fault and I would have been better off letting the other car drive into me.

I had exactly that happen to me on the A1 at Grantham, in the Audi. BMW went straight for the second lane of the roundabout and straight into the side of me, bursting the tyre and scraping the whole near-side.

In the subsequent claims, she claimed I changed lanes into her.

Big thanks to supra ash for leaving work to come and help. Cheers for following me back.

That's a very poor show:(