The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new dials how easy to fit

boromfccup

fitted mine about an hour ago... Dash was off in 5 mins, hardest bit was getting the petrol needle off. Took about 20 mins all in.

However, ive not checked the callibration yet as it got too dark. I wired the units into the illumination wire on the clock so they come on with the main lights.

Theres a few threads that show up in the search that tell you how to recalibrate the needles should the need arise.

:yeahthat:

Best to make a note of the position of the needles before you remove them , the fuel gauge , tick over speed etc. :)

YES YES YES!! Do the above! I wish I had :(

Also, If your installing EL Glo dial (SpeedHut type) and have a SLD or Delimiter (like thors) try and earth the electronics separately and keep the unit well away from the dials.

If you're careful, you should just be able to slide the dial behind the needle and then bend the dials a little bit to get them over the needle base bit (if they're like the Speedhut ones). Just make a note of where the fuel needle was incase you have to move it a bit.

Guest mickeyH

A good tip is to put the petrol needle back on nearer to the empty from where it came off. that way when the needle is on empty you think i'd better put some fuel in, you will still have approx quarter of a tank left so you won't be pumping the shit in the bottom of your tank.;)

• 1 year later...