The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nur Spec or HKS Superdragger

Glosphil

Nur Spec for me as long as it's in good nick.

The super dragger used to be mild steel piping (although some say it's now all stainless) so for longevity i'd go for the Nur Spec.

also because of the price.

ps

if your car is lowered a lot and you can confirm that the HKS is indeed all stainless then i reserve the right to change my suggestion and go for the Super Dragger :)

Super dragger for me.

Just put a new one on the car about 4-6 weeks ago. I love it.

Nice and quiet with a low rumble and livens up a bit when pushing it.

I can also confirm the the super draggers, even the new ones, are NOT stainless. The dragger 2 is stainless I think

John

I have the HKS Superdrager on mine (mild steel one), I coated the mild steel section in high temp paint to give it some more protection against the elements (no one will know until its on ramps or Ive driven over them lol).

The clearance is good, but I found that with the 2 cats inplace (for my MOT) the exhaust did knock against the underside of the car, however having removed them with 2 decat pipes the knocking has stopped.

The backbox is 28 inches in circumference (bloody big!)...but never had problems with speed bumps. Takes a while to polish the backbox mind you :)

If you win the lotto, get an Amuse exhaust from Envy...I hear they're the nuts :)

I have the HKS Superdrager on mine (mild steel one), I coated the mild steel section in high temp paint to give it some more protection against the elements (no one will no until its on ramps or Ive driven over them lol).

unfortunatley they tend to rust from the inside out

The Blitz Nur spec R and the RSR Exmag GTII are both fully Stainless systems.

Back in the day around 3 years ago I think Paul E first started importing the RSR Exmag GT into the country which did have mild steel pipwork.

I think this is where the confusion has occured.

Thanks

Kevin

For an exhaust that costs so much that's really quite poor.

Are there any completely stainless ones out there?

m.

EDIT: Kevin seems to have a different opinion. anyone know for sure?

Back in the day around 3 years ago I think Paul E first started importing the RSR Exmag GT into the country which did have mild steel pipwork.

Thanks

Kevin

Cheers Kevin.

m.

dont get hung up on the fact the Dragger is galvanised steel mine is at least 5 years old and apart from where its grounded a few times and had a patch welded its it good condition, in making your choice stainless exhausts are noisy and galv steel are not as noisy, if noise is an issue go dragger

Has anyone looked at or considered the powerflow exhausts. They are full 304 grade stainless with a 2mm wall thickness. Hand made to fit your car. You can choose the route of the pipe and number / size of the boxes. Looked at one the other day and the workmanship is really good.

Thanks

Kevin

ah right. in that case please accept my apology Kev, i wasn't aware the newer version was a full stainless.

should be a cracking exhaust then ;)

Has anyone looked at or considered the powerflow exhausts. They are full 304 grade stainless with a 2mm wall thickness. Hand made to fit your car. You can choose the route of the pipe and number / size of the boxes. Looked at one the other day and the workmanship is really good.

do a search mate this has been done to death, too small for a TT

When I got my car I purchased a new HKS Superdragger and loved it. Rumbled sweetly and sound excellent @ WOT. But at the time every one on here was ranting and raving over NUR specs saying they flowed better and everything else was rubblish.

So I went out and got a Nur. Its very loud and drones on motorways but is stainless.

Wish I'd kept my Superdragger.. :(

Nur specs have a reputation for being LOUD on all cars not just ours...

The RS-R is a fully stainless system unlike the HKS dragger which is mild steel?

Are you sure about that mate? I bought an RSR GTII ex-mag around 2 years ago and the pipe is pretty rusty (the back box is stainless though). Its not near having holes, but don't expect to to last another 2 years

I would never go for a Dragger for the same reason (plus its way too quiet :D )

Nur spec is a nice bit of kit but has the ground clearance isn't the best. Oh yes, and the motorway drone is terrible.