The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm thinking of selling my Lexus GSI300 wheels

AndrewOW

Actually I'm only toying with the idea of selling, I'm really interested in a valuation if possible.

They are all in perfect condition, except the rear driver's side rim which I 'slightly' kerbed last week (bugger), and also the centre cap has been resprayed due to an incident with a pressure washer (previous owner). Other than that all is fine.

Unfortunately if you want to have a look, you'll have to visit my garage to see the wheels on the car (as I'm using MacOS9 I can't upload pics onto these posts).

They are 9 spoke brushed metal exterior, with an anthracite/gun metal finish to the 'apertures' between the spokes. They are lovely, but I'm thinking of 5, 6 or 7 spoke 18" alloys with hopefully a black interior (apertures) silver exterior, not split rims in 9" (front) and 10" (rear).

Any help from anyone would be most appreciated. Please don't tell me to search, cos I've had a look, and the best I've seen for reference are O.Z Vela or Hydra. Unfortunately not available in my size!

Cheers!

Andrew :)

I have these alloys on my car (so does Peter Richards)...and they really suit it IMO, plus they also have the correct offset so theres no messing about.

Just thought I'd add that you can buy TTE center caps (TTE make the alloys) to replace the Lexus ones. You can purchase them directly from TTE (http://www.tte.de). The Part No is AM27533. They are (or where when I purchased mine) 16.57 Euro each.

My contact @ TTE was:

Florian Bachus

Email: [email protected]

Tel: +49-(0)2234-1823691

Fax: +49-(0)2234-182332

lexus_wheels.jpg

I have these alloys on my car (so does Peter Richards)...and they really suit it IMO, plus they also have the correct offset so theres no messing about.

Just thought I'd add that you can buy TTE center caps (TTE make the alloys) to replace the Lexus ones. You can purchase them directly from TTE (http://www.tte.de). The Part No is AM27533. They are (or where when I purchased mine) 16.57 Euro each.

My contact @ TTE was:

Florian Bachus

Email: [email protected]

Tel: +49-(0)2234-1823691

Fax: +49-(0)2234-182332

Thanks very much for the referall for the replacement centre caps. I've looked everywhere and I think even posted a request a while back for info on these. I will contact Florian and see if I can get 4 centre caps. Thank you.

I know they look pretty good, but I've always preferred fewer spokes, and if I can find a good source of alternative wheels that will fit with the correct offsets I would be very interested in replacing them.

are they 10inch rears ? i paid £950 for mine got to be 3 years ago now .

the rears were second hand but as new , but the fronts were brand new , tyres were all new

good price you paid there pete!

i still stand by my valuation, although perhaps closer to the £900 or maybe just below given the slight kerbing.

I've had a reply from Florian already. Approx 90 euros for the set delivered. Not bad at all, and such a fast response. Excellent.

Thank you for the tip, Peter, about the wheel scuff. I will do that at weekend when I bring the car in to our factory to clean the interior etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info/advice Angarak and Mr Richards. Invaluable.

I ordered some TTE centre caps, and they were delivered, and installed on the wheels yesterday. Look fantastic. Will have to take some new photos for my garage soon.

Excellent. I won't have to sell the wheels now! :)

• 6 months later...

For some reason when the wheels had the Lexus centre caps on them I didn't like them that much, but now I've got the TTE caps on I think they really work.

So no I won't be selling them any time soon, but I do have my eye on some others, but only time will tell if I get them!