The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a

2jzhead

At 17, I suspect the insurance might be similar cost to the car.

haha yes i think it might, i have been trying to get an insurance quote on a 1.3 civic and haha 1,500 little bit expensive :( they are just trying to get us younger people off the road. i was first taught to drive by a rally instructor. i could handbrake turn a car before i could spell lol.

Chap I was paying £985 fully comp on a Mini at 18, I then paid £1450 TPF&T for a UK spec MR2 GT (NA) just before my 19th birthday. At 21 I got my Supra SZ and that cost me 890 fully comp limited milage and garaged. Seriously at 17 no company will touch you as even in a golf car they deem you to be high risk, and to jump into a high powered rwd car from the go the insurance company will ever have kittens or try to rip you off big time to make sure they have their money.

Chap I was paying £985 fully comp on a Mini at 18, I then paid £1450 TPF&T for a UK spec MR2 GT (NA) just before my 19th birthday. At 21 I got my Supra SZ and that cost me 890 fully comp limited milage and garaged. Seriously at 17 no company will touch you as even in a golf car they deem you to be high risk, and to jump into a high powered rwd car from the go the insurance company will ever have kittens or try to rip you off big time to make sure they have their money.

omg this is killing me :( hahaha, i am just going to take lessons untill i am 30 at this rate. the other option is sell the supra OMGWTF!!! i would never do that. EVER!

ok then, if not a supra what car can i have thats a rwd and cheap insurance, i do not like spining the front wheels, it feels crap. RWD all the way :p please advise

Unfortunatly you just got to hang it out with a small car before you knock it up a gear. If you can afford it things like the Seat Ibeza TDI (170bhp and a shedload of tourque) might be an option from the go those things would stick to a NA supra due to being lighter and the low down grunt, plus its a diesle engine so good MPG and insurance.

count yourself lucky to drive a car at 17.

its all about getting ncb, not how much power you have at 17

LOL i suppose but then again. i dont want some little chav car like a saxo with a body kit on and a sub woofer you know ther kind "go past with music blasting and a shitty exhaust on looking at you as-if they are somthing good" lol ill keep on the hunt for a nice rwd car and continue learning to drift

yeh dont get that.

you need to hold out, not matter what u think, dont plumb money into your first car.

its a big mistake lol, as everyone will find out

yeah i "suppose" ill have to get a little civic, drive that untill i am 19 then move on, i am now going to start another topic within this post

so what you think then after this Silver

Standard twinturbo setup

HKS cams

HKS vernier cam pullys

BLITZ Boost Controller SBC i-D III

BLITZ Dual DCII turbo timer

BLITZ ID Meter boost gauge

BLITZ large front mounted intercooler

ADVAN racing alloys

GREDDY oil, water temp gauges

GREDDY oil pressure gauge

GREDDY oil filter relocation kit

GREDDY oil cooler

FWIN high performance radiator

TRD exhaust, single decat pipe

TRD oil filler cap

Uprated fuel pump

400bhp

What can i do next

LOL i suppose but then again. i dont want some little chav car like a saxo with a body kit on and a sub woofer you know ther kind "go past with music blasting and a shitty exhaust on looking at you as-if they are somthing good" lol ill keep on the hunt for a nice rwd car and continue learning to drift

Chap get somthing like a classic Mini Cooper they will out corner pretty much anything plus they still have the street cred (thanks to the original italian job) plus you can get classic insurance that is nice and cheap.

Chap get somthing like a classic Mini Cooper they will out corner pretty much anything plus they still have the street cred (thanks to the original italian job) plus you can get classic insurance that is nice and cheap.

yeah thats a good idea, never thought of an old mini, are the parts still easy to get?

so what you think then after this Silver

Standard twinturbo setup

HKS cams

HKS vernier cam pullys

BLITZ Boost Controller SBC i-D III

BLITZ Dual DCII turbo timer

BLITZ ID Meter boost gauge

BLITZ large front mounted intercooler

ADVAN racing alloys

GREDDY oil, water temp gauges

GREDDY oil pressure gauge

GREDDY oil filter relocation kit