Jap TT Auto

Has about 68K on the clock

Cam belt changed

HKS Super Dragger and Double decat

TRE Fuel Pump

Fuel Cut Defender

NGK Plugs

Boost Gauge

Apart from that it's stock. A small tear on the back seat (top part), dash needs painted (as usual, but isn't that bad).

What's the rough price I should ask for it?? I've just had a wee baby and need something a little bigger! (prbably an Evo of some sort). I don't really want to get rid, but the g/f has a new shape beetle and that's not got much space in it!!

thanks in advance

£8k ONO maximum (that's how much I'd put on the market for).

What goes in the favour is that it's more or less stock.

It wouldn't take much effort to source a stock exhaust put the cats back in .. and sell the car as a stock car running stock boost. In today's sinking market - the car would be easier to sell -imo- if it's as close to stock as possible. You won't even need to get it dyno-ed. You can quote the stock figure.

Then you can sell the other bits exhaust and FCD seperately.

I would suggest do something with the wheels - but spending money on the car when it's going to be sold .. makes no sense. But if you can get those wheels polished up - back to silver and get some centre caps .. at a bargain price .. then bonus!

Is it me, or is the door off colour??? I would say about 6 - 8 k

Looks like the rear 3/4 panel is off, the door seems to match the intake bit on the skirt. But its probably the angle making it look that way!

I'd say about 7k but with centre caps and a dam good clean.

How about putting the caps on, getting some tyre paint stuff and taking the same pic on a sunny day (if thats possible now!) and i bet it looks worth much more!

I don't have the centre caps. Car came without them! :(

I do have the stock exhaust system including cats etc, so I could easily return it to stock if I had to.

I agree though, something needs to be done with the wheels!!! Would it be easily enough to polish them up myself (or a friend with a polisher thingy (he's done a set of wheels himself in the past)).

As a guide I had in a 93 / 94 J-Spec auto TT in silver last week or so, owned by someone on here. 90% original paint, zero rust anywhere, drove perfectly, low mileage, no silly body kits and a really really nice example,on a par with a 98 car I have in. Probably the nicest car I have seen this year. He paid £5000 for it. If I were to buy another TT for myself, and was willing to travel, I would expect change from 4500 and expect a decent car.

Does it matter where they come from if clean tidy and a good price? Having said that the 5K beauty was vbought privately, and many more bargains are to be had with cash in hand, a good bargaining spiel, and a willingness to travel. Auctions give even better deals, of course, but you need to be confident and knowledgeable to pick correct cars. 2 years ago I bought a nice Soarer TT privately for 900 quid. Didn't even advertise it, someone with an MR2 turbo in for sevice saw it and offered 2k on the spot :) Just need to keep your eyes open, be thick skinned bid hard and hope. Bid on enough cars and you can buy a bargain eventually.

The market is very slow at the moment, I've had my TT auto with a similar spec and mileage up for sale on Ebay and in the trader for the past two weeks for 8k and not had any interest at all.

I have been watching prices of other supras on Ebay and saw one auto TT in Scotland with similar mileage go for £5100.

I have given up hope of selling at this stage and am going to try around a few garages this week to see what I can get P\Ex against something else.

Does it matter where they come from if clean tidy and a good price? Having said that the 5K beauty was vbought privately, and many more bargains are to be had with cash in hand, a good bargaining spiel, and a willingness to travel. Auctions give even better deals, of course, but you need to be confident and knowledgeable to pick correct cars. 2 years ago I bought a nice Soarer TT privately for 900 quid. Didn't even advertise it, someone with an MR2 turbo in for sevice saw it and offered 2k on the spot :) Just need to keep your eyes open, be thick skinned bid hard and hope. Bid on enough cars and you can buy a bargain eventually.

Please depreciate the supra even further chris, i know i wouldnt mind selling my 10k car for 4.5k, i mean who wouldnt? maybe if we all try harder we can get the value of our cars right down to 3k, then we can have anyone owning supras, F8ck it, im going to give mine away :rolleyes:

He's only stating a valid point Matt - I don't think he's intentionally trying to diminish the value of our Supras buddy ;)

Chris obviously deals with a lot of Supes and other speciality cars so he has a pretty good indication of the market I'd say pal.

Still, I won't be selling mine for less than £7k if I do put it up for sale when I get it back! :)

Good luck Jim.

Greg

I have yet to find any owners club sites that DON'T overvalue the cars :) They are worth what anyone will pay, and in part exchange you pay the price to change, which is the ONLY thing you need to ask a trader, but you are unlikely to get a straight answer ;) I get this all the time with race cars, owners always think they are worth about double their real value, it's human nature, and reality can be a real kick in the teeth. I personally can't possibly affect the value of a car make or model, the market will set that, I can only state an honest personal opinion, based on experience.