The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bah, new rust found.

michael

I've had a bit of condensation on the rear window recently but a dry carpet and no obvious leaks - I had a better look around tonight and found the cause :(

Near the passenger side boot hinge is a rubber grommet that allows the wiring from the cabin to exit to the boot lid, it seems that this has been collecting water and the hole it's supposed to protect now has rusty edges. As a result water has been getting in and soaking into the rear edge of the headlining, not a huge amount but enough to be damp to the touch.

With mine being a UK I presume it's likely to do this before the J-Spec cars, let this be a warning to you - check yours before it takes hold, add some sealant to stop it happening in the future.