The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater Flap

Guest SUPRAZ3

Guest SUPRAZ3

Hello,

New to the forum and my first post is a question! I have tried the search tool but it didnt bring up anything exactly to solf my problem.

The heat in the supra is practically non exsistent, i've tried flushing the matrix, bled the system for air bubbles, and finally i had a look behind the radio area which is where I think my problems exists...

When i turn the temp control knob round i can hear a motor running but cannot see anything move, i believe the flap that is laying horizontal behind the radio area should move when the temp knob is adjusted, is this correct and if it should do does anyone know the best action to take to get it moving again..

I've just 'borrowed' a picture i found from the site and you can see the flap through the circular area on this pic.

Thankyou..

1.jpg

Guest SUPRAZ3

I dont think the matrix has gone, both pipes in the engine bay are boiling hot and the passenger footwell is as dry as a bone sooo im pinning all hopes on it being this flap/control.

I dont think the matrix has gone, both pipes in the engine bay are boiling hot and the passenger footwell is as dry as a bone sooo im pinning all hopes on it being this flap/control.

i seeeeeee.

in that case.........sorry can't help :D

do hope you get it sorted soon though mate, not the time of year to be running around with no heaters!!

:cold:

The one you are talking about is an air distribution flap.The flap that opens and closes to control heat is inside the heater box, right next to the matrix and it is a biiiiiig job to get at.

The solenoid/motor that controls it also controls the water valve and is right at the top of the heater box, you might be able to see it if you take out the top glove box, but unless its a loose connection, the dash will have to come out.:(

Guest SUPRAZ3

Typical, id rather not have to take the dash out but if needs be.... :(

Il try and get the glovebox out at the w/e and have a fiddle.

Is there a relay etc that could also stop this working (clutching at straws)...

Thanks everyone

Guest SUPRAZ3

That sounds worth a try, by heater control do you mean the unit with the temp knob and air direction/ac buttons, this appears to be working ok as all the buttons work and the air moves from window to footwell to the force 9 gale in your face position, did yours do this before you changed it.

TIA

Guest SUPRAZ3

Ok well i've tried the usual on line breakers and either not getting much response or being quoted prices of £60 - £100, which is a fair bit when it may not even fix the problem.

Does anyone know of a heater control unit going spare/for sale...

Ok well i've tried the usual on line breakers and either not getting much response or being quoted prices of £60 - £100, which is a fair bit when it may not even fix the problem.

Does anyone know of a heater control unit going spare/for sale...

D'oh!

if you'd been a couple of weeks earlier i sold mine for £15!! :(

Guest SUPRAZ3
D'oh!

if you'd been a couple of weeks earlier i sold mine for £15!! :(

£15! bargain, if anyone else has one available please let me know.

Thanks for the help so far, very welcoming for a newbie!