The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My single turbo install

RobSheffield

Today i started my install project, which will be continuing over the winter. I wont yet post the specs of my single build, as i have not finalised all the aspects.

The bits i do know i will be using are as follows

'Premium' (i.e BL, PHR etc) Manifold and DP, HKS WG

Aem Ecu

Aem WB02 and guage

HKS rail

720cc injectors

Currently have a Greddy 2 row FMIC, which i will initially be reusing.

Walbro into swirl pot, into Bosch fuel pump.

Turbo is still a decision in progress, but is likely to be T67 ish.

Onto todays progress pics

Car on axle stands, wheels removed for the duration of the build for security (and polishing) purposes, although it appears the car is on bricks, it is in fact on large 3 foot long blocks of wood under the centre section to provide correct working height, and allow access the the exhaust and underside for water and oil drain.

Next i removed the air filter and fmic hard pipe, to give this picture...

Unfortunately, enthusiasm and a need to keep moving and working to stave off frostbite made me forget to take any further pictures, until i got to this stage (all vacuum and boost pipework removed and heatshields off)

Which left me this small pile for todays effort

the for sale thread will come once the stockers are off. Stay tuned for a slightly more detailed explanation of removing the turbos, inlet manifold and injectors next weekend (weather permitting)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those turbo's are going to be worth a lot. I can see that advert now!!!

Stock turbo's hardly had any use, 2nd turbo in mint condition.

Good luck Rob :thumbs:

Wish i had a penny every time some intelligent type came out with the 2nd turbo hardly used gag. Wears a bit thin.

Didnt really expect it from you though :rolleyes:

Guest gzaerojon

hope it all goes well for you Rob, i'll look forward to seeing it in the summer :)

i was thinking of going single over the winter but not sure i can do it yet :( i'll have to do something though as i blew the oil seals on my stock twins. Might have to just get another stock set for now.

best of luck though :thumbs:

how the hell,

Do you get to the water pipe of tubby 2, we have removed one bolt but the other is in the depthhhssss

i struggled with it while rob drank tea.

:D

I left the intake pipe on #2 until they were out of the car, and only removed the last water hose when I had loosened the turbos from the manifold giving you just enough room.

If you do want to get to the last bolt on the intake pipe, you need to reach under the brake master cylinder, and under the pipework with a 12mm spanner. It'll be VERY tight thogh, so prepare for a few burst blood vessels :D

Sadly, I discovered the latter last night when I filled up the coolant, only to realise I hadn't reattached the 2nd coolant pipe! Doh!