The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New front bumper, or lower suspension.

pistonbroke

My next thing on the mod list was going to be a front bumper, either a do - luck or a top secret one. Thing is, the other day I was browsing this site and came across a thread where I saw people disscussing about which wide body kit to get.

JamieP then pointed out that sometimes less is more and showed some pictures of supras with no body mods whatsoever, just a nice set of rims (which I have), but the cars were lowered and sat nice on the rims. My car however is on stock suspension and did originally intend to keep it that way, reason for this is because I lowered my last two cars and they sort of suffered for it, they became annoying to drive due to the hard nature of lowered suspension setups and I ended up selling them.

After seeing the pictures JamieP showed, I really do like the look of the stockish car on phat rims and the arches are millimetres away from the wheels :D

If I was to go for this look instead of a front bumper, I'd like to go for the best option of comfort with the suspension, as the car is in use everyday, I'd also like to get height adjustables so I can get the right look and preferably come with pillowball top mounts as the stock ones on all my cars have never lasted five minutes after the cars been slammed.

Can anyone recommend a suspension setup for me that fit my requirements, or should I just stick to replacing the front bumper.

Bilsteins with Eiachs are well recomended mate - but maybe a little too low and harsh for what you want.

My car is sat on 17's but with this setup is pretty much touching the ground with a firm ride. In that case - maybe a Tein Flex setup? Only guessing - give Chris Wilson or one of the traders here a shout pal ;)

I'd personally imrpove the suspension etc first. Handling comes first over looks for me mate.

Good luck :)

Greg