The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attn Mods re lance thread gone sour

jot_ie

Any mods here?

I would like to reopen the following thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=89197

if thats possible.

I was disappointed to see how that particular thread detiorated into a slaggin match, and I cant help but think some of it was my fault.

Unfortunately I havent had the time over the last week or so to contribute to the "discussion" due to work commitments.

I am also disappointed to see "Chief's" expertise disrespected in such a fashion but Thorin I do understand your frustration.

I also think a thorough, informative discussion is warrented on this topic

Regards

John

Must be honest, I started reading this, and was actually fascinated by the discussion..

Two completely different setting using postive and negative camber on the front. Would it be possible to prune all the shit out of the thread and turn it back into a technical thread.

I'm digging out my manual on chassis design as we speak, it has a good section on suspension and I'm suddenly intrigued to how wildly different setups produce the 'perfect' setup.

Must be honest, I started reading this, and was actually fascinated by the discussion..

Two completely different setting using postive and negative camber on the front. Would it be possible to prune all the shit out of the thread and turn it back into a technical thread.

I'm digging out my manual on chassis design as we speak, it has a good section on suspension and I'm suddenly intrigued to how wildly different setups produce the 'perfect' setup.

Yeah that, was a good debate if you ignore all the handbag throwing

I am also disappointed to see "Chief's" expertise disrespected in such a fashion but Thorin I do understand your frustration.

I never wished for it to degenerate in the first place (or I wouldn't have even bothered posting). As for Chief's expertise, I merely asked for the reasoning behind them as lets just say a lot more people have expressed issues and puzzlement with those settings, and with all due respect, there's only you and Chief advocating them that I can see.

Like I said in that thread, I'm no expert but I'm interested to know why I should use those settings rather than just being told "because they're better". They may be, I certainly am not able to judge.

When somebody tells me the stock settings (and well regarded "Lance" settings) are useless and tells me my car will handle like a waxed anvil if I use them... it kind of negates any credibility they may have.

Ok well maybe technical stuff can be added from here later then.

My experience on mine with Lance track settings are as follows.

18" front and rear bilstein shocks eibach springs TRD anti-roll bars

The car handled like it was on rails but tramlined terribly. 2000 miles ruined a perfectly good set of front tyres. Inside inch of both front tyres scrubbed down to cords with almost full tread on the outside edge. It looked to me from the receipts that Roy had bought a couple of sets of front tyres also.

I took it to Micheldever and he reset the suspension up. It then didn't handle as well as before but it also stopped trashing tyres and the tramlining wasn't as bad. The guy at the time said "someone has set this up with track settings, great for handling but chews tyres up". When I looked through the receipts I found the LanceW settings printed off the net and with it a receipt from a tracking place with those exact settings on it.