The mkiv Supra Owners Club

300zx Vs Supra TT

Jim_1979

Guest gzaerojon

i had a 300zx short wheel base tt maunal before the soop, although i never had a go racing a soop i would say it would be a close race, mine flew :)

i miss it :(

What gizmo's do you get in the GTO ? I've heard they've got quite afew interesting toys in them.

Oh yeah, the tool kit is great and every car comes with a direct line to the RAC :D

Not everyones boat but I'm having fun with it :)

I prefer the drive to the Supra but at the end of the day I'll be back in a Supra in the New Year (TT calls, in black please CJ). You look at the common faults on the Supra and you'll get a few niggles, the GTO is like the dot cotton of the car world, it loves to not be well :(

But all that aside, I still love it and they do have the fastest qtr mile in the land :p

One would look awful

i know

but

you can make the stock supra look alot better and make it look nice, the 300zx looks nice in stock form unlike the supra ;)

stock for stock its alot closer than most people think and you would be suprised how well the 300zx handles ;)

when i was at the nurburgring earlier this year a guy (80 years old) was chatting to us and he raced a 260z in aussie so one of the lads asked if he wanted a go round the track in his 300zx so this guy jumped into a car he had never driven before, took his shoes and socks off so he could heel and toe and went round in just over 8 minutes :cool:

Mike

The 300zx does handle well. My n/a zed feels great around a track very easy to control. Fitting a polly bush kit made the world of differance. Although the sterring is a bit too light.

The steering on my soop feels much better and its alot quicker (obviously because its a TT) I don't have quite as much confidance throwing it into corners but that may be because of the 19's, I don't know, having never driving a soop with stock wheels.

I DO prefer the soop but still can't bring myself to get rid of the ZX ! It makes a lovely spare when I break the soop.

Wasn't taking the piss dude. Geniune question. :innocent:

It was a serious answer ;)

Toys are 4 wheel steer, kicks in over 30, unsettling at first but soon get used to it.

4 wheel drive.

ECS, can have TOUR or SPORTS setting on the suspension, quite impressive, the sports setting really does firm it up, need to get it lowered as the standard ride height is, well as some comedian said on here said it looks like a monster truck :(

Active Spoilers front and back, kick in at 50 but you can switch them off.

Other than that it's just your usual stuff, 6 speed box and 4 wheels and a go faster pedal :)

Love the Supra but hated the handling in the wet, loved the Scooby but hated the image, the GTO gives me the best of both worlds IMO :cool: