The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel/Tyre Sizes - Help Please!

Guest Bainesy36

Guest Bainesy36

Hi there everyone,

Having placed a deposit on my first Supra today :D (should pick it up in a couple of weeks), I have my first question. The car needs two rear tyres and is currently running 255/35/18's, but I don't know what width the wheel rim is at the moment. So my question is this: What possible width size options could the wheels be to allow 255's to be used and is there a rim width that the 255 would be the widest tyre allowed? I would like to fit 265/275's, but don't know what width rim is needed to carry this rubber? :innocent:

I am trying to find out the actual rim width from the owner at present.

Cheers,

Nige.

P.S Thinking of fitting Toyo T1-S tyres. Are they O.K?

Guest Bainesy36

Cheers MAS.

It is a Non-Turbo, so I guess the amount of traction needed at the rear would be a bit less, but would still like to fit something a bit bigger.

Will the width of the wheel be stamped on it somewhere, or do you just measure it?

It's going to be a long two weeks, but at least it gives me time to sort out insurance etc! Roll on December 9th!!

Nige.

Cheers MAS.

It is a Non-Turbo, so I guess the amount of traction needed at the rear would be a bit less, but would still like to fit something a bit bigger.

Will the width of the wheel be stamped on it somewhere, or do you just measure it?

It's going to be a long two weeks, but at least it gives me time to sort out insurance etc! Roll on December 9th!!

Nige.

Yes Nige all wheels have the informations stampted inside them, and Im sure you will have atleast 8.5 at the back (which is still narrow for supra)+ TOYO T1-S is an excellent tyre I would recommend mytyres.com

Guest Bainesy36

Thanks again Mas and thanks to Thorin and Mcgoo for the info'. It looks like if the rim is an 8.5", then the 255 is the widest available tyre, if it's 9", then I can fit up to a 275. (According to the link).

I'll have to speak to the seller and ask him to confirm the wheel widths for me!

Cheers,

Nige.