The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A to Z of tuning

bungy

With a tt and cash but a wallet tighter than a nun's chuff, I was hoping to tap into the knowledge available to see what mods to do in what order and best products for results. The car has an induction kit and standard exhaust including cats. Where do I start on the hunt for BHP. I look forward to your replies and will post results as I complete each stage. I would like a solid but safe 400 as a target.

Thats alright if you understand the term bpu but there are some of us new to soops, was kind of hoping for someone helpful.

excuse him he was taking the mick as these posts come up regular, search for BPU and what it consists of, if you have any questions about it post up here.

Yes

For BPU you'll be looking at:

Double decat

Uprated fuel Pump

Free flowing cat back exhaust

Colder Plugs

FCD

Boost Gauge

Restrictor ring (if J-spec) max 1.2bar

With all that you'll be looking at around 380bhp at the flywheel.

If you want more then you'll be looking for :

Uprated FPR

Bigger Injectors

Fuel management

Hairier cams

FMIC

co2/water spray

The list goes on, and once of the slippery slope you'll find it hard to get off :D ;)

Thats alright if you understand the term bpu but there are some of us new to soops, was kind of hoping for someone helpful.

Excuse Martin, he's a trained newbie killer ;)

As C1 says:

Double decat

Uprated fuel Pump

Free flowing cat back exhaust

Colder Plugs

FCD

Boost Gauge

Restrictor ring (if J-spec) max 1.2bar

Stock Air Box with TRD Panel Filter or decent induction kit. For example HKS = Rubbish, Apexi or Power Enterprise = much better

That will certainly do nicely.

Gaz.

Yes stock airbox back on! Not so many on here rate induction kits on the TT for performance!

With it well deducted i don't think its worse performance........its more a question of poor filtration and the long term effects on the engine (particularly the turbos). Ie the possible small gain from having a aftermarket induction kit is outweighed by the possible problems.......

Use the search to button to find out how to put people on 'ignore'.

See? Helpful to a fault.:rolleyes:

Crikey mate! Yes, the question of

"How can I mod my Supra to make it go faster ?"

comes up alot. And yes, the answer for a TT - is nearly always BPU. And yes, nearly everything you might want to know is found with the search button.

But - as a trader on this forum for the good the members .. might be a good idea to remember that next a newbie posts up a question.

Now, ease off abit eh ?